Impossible Situations

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Why is it that i find the photo of the B-17 with the entire nose/cockpit section torn apart (nearly reaching the upper defensive turret section!)suspicious...

Yes, I have seen many shots of B-17s with terrible damage making it back to base; all i could tell, provided this particular photo is authentic, there is nothing impossible there for the plane has been turned into an express elevator to hell: going down.

Udet said:
Why is it that i find the photo of the B-17 with the entire nose/cockpit section torn apart (nearly reaching the upper defensive turret section!)suspicious...

Yes, I have seen many shots of B-17s with terrible damage making it back to base; all i could tell, provided this particular photo is authentic, there is nothing impossible there for the plane has been turned into an express elevator to hell: going down.

It's real and been published in numerous books. I remember seeing it back in 1974. According to the caption in one of the books I recall seeing it in it stated it continued to fly for a few moments and then as you say "turned into an express elevator" :shock:

FLYBOYJ said:
What! You must be looking at your computer screenthrough a telescope! :lol: Look at the photo, I moved the damage next to the guy in the picture so you could get a better idea how big those holes really are!

Now if you want to see big holes.......

look!! that man could practically fit his head through the hole!!

the lancaster kicks ass said:
FLYBOYJ said:
What! You must be looking at your computer screenthrough a telescope! :lol: Look at the photo, I moved the damage next to the guy in the picture so you could get a better idea how big those holes really are!

Now if you want to see big holes.......

look!! that man could practically fit his head through the hole!!

YEA - But Look at the other photo - the other man practically fits through the hole! :lol:

i just saw a documentary that mentioned plans for flying russian subs. It was a WWII experiment that never bore fruit. That's what I call an impossible idea !

the lancaster kicks ass said:
ppffftttt, you wouldn't know impressive if it came up and intoduced itself!! that lanc pic os savage.......

One more of those small holes and the Lanc would have crashed.

This is Battle Damage and they all returned home too.

Attachments

• dmgdb17_758.jpg
    dmgdb17_758.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 441
  • b17allamerican_162.jpg
    b17allamerican_162.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 457
  • radroom2_187.gif
    radroom2_187.gif
    16.9 KB · Views: 456
  • rudder2_971.gif
    rudder2_971.gif
    28.6 KB · Views: 454
  • side6_177.jpg
    side6_177.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 459
  • sidehole_133.jpg
    sidehole_133.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 459
side6 jhpg is from a rocket Br 21cm fired from a Bf 110G-2

All American had a collision with a Luftwafffe fighter's wing.........buzz saw.

the B-17 sure could take a ton of punishment and make it back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back