In God We Trust on U.S. currency (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

As a non American I have a wee question to you my Yankee and Redneck brothers.....is this another political correctness thing? That they don't want to offend other believes...?

This particular poll is nothing more than a exercise that illustrates the left leaning mindset of MSNBC.

Glad I switched to Verizon FIOS so I don't have to exposed to their garbage.

TO

As a non American I have a wee question to you my Yankee and Redneck brothers.....is this another political correctness thing? That they don't want to offend other believes...?

Probably not in this case. "In God We Trust" has been around almost as long as the country and definitely has it's basis in the founding fathers Christianity. Bringing in the Muslims, Buddhist, Taoist, ect just adds more to the pot.

If it were PC (with a dash of seperation of Church and State), they'd get rid of it.

Personally, I'd vote to keep it....why would you want to get rid off something that's part of your heritage, history and so on?
I don't know what would be similar here on the Pound notes....

Heritage, history, tradition, Judeo-Christian beliefs and ideals.....

Not real important to the left. But I don't think there's much chance of those words being removed from our currency.

TO

Maybe add an asterisk next to the quota and a disclaimer at the bottom of each bill stating to trust in the God of your choice, or of your an athiest to trust in yourself. Not sure what to say about the Satan worshippers, maybe just a simple go to He!!?
Maybe that will keep the un-washed hoards happy.

I'm sorry I don't consider it a reliable news source . To me its kind of like those Hollywood shows that give you all the gossip of Tom Cruise and Angelina Jolies baby except its cleverly disguised as news

What do you consider a reliable news source? Examples please.

I say keep it. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the majority of people don't care what it says, but more of how valuable the dollar is. I think the whole, "In God We Trust" and "Under God" thing isn't as big of a deal as people make it out to be. I have an atheist friend and he simply doesn't say "Under God" when they say the pledge. My other friends simply didn't care when they say that line.

My point is that those words only have power if you give them power. The groups that want them removed are giving them more meaning than the average Joe does, I think.

Kinda off topic, but separation of church and state is a falsehood. What theletter by Thomas Jefferson meant was a separation of state and church.

The letter from wiki...
"Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church State."

It means that the state cannot tell the church what to do, not the other way around. Like many things, it has been blown out of all proportion.

I have a wee question to you my Yankee and Redneck brothers.....

Hmmm, I'm not a Yankee, so I guess that makes me a.... :oops:

Personally, I'd vote to keep it....why would you want to get rid off something that's part of your heritage, history and so on?
I don't know what would be similar here on the Pound notes....[/QUOTE]

Replace the Queen with Dame Edna perhaps....
ednaeverage.jpg

What'll they try next!?

Perhaps try to get the "Masonic" images off the money?

0a_2.gif

as of 10pm EST its 24% yes 76% no.

So the 95% of the world's population that is religious should bow to the atheists of the world? I'd love to turn the tables on these wack jobs - sue them for violating my civil rights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back