In God We Trust on U.S. currency

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thorlifter

Captain
Jun 10, 2004
Knoxville, TN
Here's your chance to let the media know where the people stand on our faith in God, as a nation. NBC is taking a poll on "In God We Trust" to stay on our American currency. Please send this to everyone you know so they can vote on this important subject.
Please do it right away, before NBC takes this off the web page.
MSNBC poll is still open so you can vote.

Live Vote: Should ‘In God We Trust’ be yanked? - Life - MSNBC.com

Here's your chance to let the media know where the people stand...

I think the people have already let MSNBC know where we stand, by tuning out Kieth Oberman and his constant anti-Bush rants.

The best result would be if Oberman MSNBC put up a poll AND NOBODY VOTED! :lol:

Cable News Nielsen TV Ratings for Tuesday, June 10, 2008

June 2008 Nielson ratings.

8PM - P2+ (25-54)
FOX The O'Reilly Factor- 2,592,000 viewers (582,000)
CNN Election Center– 712,000 viewers (227,000)
MSNBC Countdown w/ Olbermann – 1,192,000 viewers (368,000)
CNBC Your Money Your Vote- 300,000 viewers (65,000)

MSNBC + CNBC + CNN = less combined viewers than Fox

I'm sure MSNBC, the official Obama campaign headquarters, is rooting for "yes" votes, led by their resident left wing nut job Keith Olbermann.

In a world where most of the American mainstream media slants to the left, the NBC network is off the charts. They are despicable!

TO

Fox News is the equivilant of The Colbert report except Colbert knows he is a comedy show

Comedy show? :confused:

Got to disagree pb. Fox does slant to the right, but at least there is some semblance of balance and fairness as compared to MSNBC.

Example:

O'Reilly will put left wing opposing views on his show all the time and fight it out. When did you ever see Olbermann put an opposing view on his dopey show?

TO

we could use something like that in "Real"(R$) :

"for god we pray"

montagens_14_4%20Reais.jpg

help ! :(

hmmmmmmmm I thought Colbert was running for pres as an independent ? or was it govenor of S.C. ?
From Wiki.
Under his fictional persona in The Colbert Report, Colbert dropped hints of a potential presidential run throughout 2007, with speculation intensifying following the release of his book, I Am America (And So Can You!), which he claimed was widely rumored to be a sign that he was indeed testing the waters for a future bid for the White House. On October 16, 2007, he announced his candidacy on his show, stating his intention to run both on the Republican and Democratic platforms, but only as a "favorite son" in his native South Carolina. He later abandoned plans to run as a Republican due to the $35,000 fee required to file for the South Carolina primary, however he continued to seek a place on the Democratic ballot and on October 28, 2007, campaigned in the South Carolina state capital of Columbia, where he was presented with the key to the city by Mayor Bob Coble.

On November 1, 2007, the South Carolina Democratic Party executive council voted 13–3 to refuse Colbert's application onto the ballot. "The general sense of the council was that he wasn't a serious candidate and that was why he wasn't selected to be on the ballot," stated John Werner, the party's director. In addition, he was declared "not viable," as he was only running in one state. Several days later he announced that he was dropping out of the race, saying that he did not wish to put the country through an agonizing Supreme Court battle. CNN has reported that Obama supporters pressured the South Carolina Democratic Executive Council to keep Colbert off the ballot. One anonymous member of the council told CNN that former State Superintendent of Education Inez Tenenbaum had placed pressure on them to refuse Colbert's application despite his steady rise in polls.

Fox News is truly a great news channel. Look at how it wipes the floor with other news channels.
I'm sorry I don't consider it a reliable news source . To me its kind of like those Hollywood shows that give you all the gossip of Tom Cruise and Angelina Jolies baby except its cleverly disguised as news

I'm sorry I don't consider it a reliable news source . To me its kind of like those Hollywood shows that give you all the gossip of Tom Cruise and Angelina Jolies baby except its cleverly disguised as news

What is the difference between Fox and the other US channels? {NBC, CBS etc}

Are you accusing Fox of broadcasting fake news? Is there some example of mis-reporting by Fox?

Tom Angelina? Fox broadcasts news about the wars in Georgia Iraq Afganistan, Hurricane Katrina, politics, the economy, world events, the olympics, the environment etc etc. Hardly the same as Hollywood news.

Wouldn't that be like me watching 30 min of Canadian Air Farce on CBC and then judging the network to be only a comedy channel?

It's a news channel with a conservative leaning - although they do, more often than not, have opposing viewpoints when covering controversial issues.

If you watch the news channels, listen to the anchors and newsmen, you can see the difference in the reporting. A great example is Dan Rather slandering the president with his unbacked allegations several years back, which did ultimately cost him his job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back