Intercepted Call

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

With the ability to "spoof" caller ID you never actually know with certainty who is actually calling. For about a week we were getting calls on the home landline and the caller ID number was the home landline number!! It was as if I was calling myself from my phone.

It's not hard to spoof a legitimate email, all you have to do is copy the html that's usually found in an email, like a notification from Amazon, Citibank, etc. and then change the hyperlinks (URLs) to redirect to a scamming or phishing website.
When the email recipient opens the mail (assuming they view messages in HTML), it'll look legit.

Indeed but you can usually tell by looking at the hyperlinks/email address to see it...
The email address can be masked easily enough and the hyperlinks can be alternate text easily overlooked unless a person hovers the cursor over it and notices the actual URL in the display (or ALT window that pops up).
On a mobile or tablet, a user doesn't have that option - so in my email program, I have HTML and images turned off by default and I can instantly see if it's legit.

My first question is who is my internet provider. They never get it right because it is a small one. One day they will give it right then they will need to give my account number.
And my documents go in shredder then the compost. Paper is always good compost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back