Annoyed by All Those Scam Calls?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

We used to get calls at work, saying "This is your copier company. We need to confirm which model of copier you have." This sounded like a reasonable request and you'd give them the info and they would ask your name and thank you.

Then we'd get a call asking for you by name and saying that the prices on toner had just increased a great deal and they advised us to order a large quantity before the increased prices went into effect. They were not our copier company and just wanted to sell us some stuff at horribly high prices. First time that occurred I told them I would have to check with someone first. This all seemed to be coming from some shyster outfit near Sacramento, CA.

When I realized what was going on, and that our real copier company never asked what model machine we had, I would respond with, "There must be some mistake. We don't have a copier."

I used to tell the people trying to get me to change phone service, "No thanks, I don't have a phone."
A related scam is telling me my grandson has been arrested in New York and bail is needed. Knowing my grandson never leaves his room and his computer, I told him I don't have a grandson, because having children is hereditary, if your parents didn't have any, you can't.

I always talk to the scammers until they get mad and hang up, then call back and piss them off more.

The last time a scammer texted me saying there was a problem with my Amazon IPhone 13 purchase.

So I called the number, and when they started talking in a real exited voice said I ordered the phone and just wanted to make sure I am still going to get my phone! Then wait, as soon as they speak, I jump in again. I keep this going until they hang up and start over.

The last time after about 6-7 times, I told them they should not mess with retired people with nothing else to do. Then I asked why they were trying to scam me. The guy said he was a high school drop out who did not want to work and it was easier to Sam people. So I spent 20 min calling him a low life scum and telling him that someone should squish him like the cockroach that he is!

I have not had another problem with my Amazon account!

About ten years ago, I would get 20-30 email from a Canadian pharmacy. I checked and the emails were coming through a server in Washington state.

So I called the company, and their person said they are not responsible for what the customers do.

So I checked on the proof of service gif the corporation. Then I sent them registered letter, next day mail. In the letter, I included copies of the Rico statute that would pay me three dollars for every dollar the colors from the customer. Also the private atty general act allowing me to sue them acting as the atty general.

About three days after my letter went out the emails stopped and have not started again!

Many years ago a man in New York would call the telemarketer and explain that if he reported them they would be fined $3000 but if they would send him $500 he would not report them. He recorded the scam calls as proof. He claimed he made some money off the scammers.

Not sure if it's a scam or not, but I wanted to share it with you:

Screenshot_20221004-165600.png

I got a spam/phone sales call from Italy about an hour ago. I answered in Italian and when the English speaking robot decided I should talk to human representative who also spoke English I started talking to them in Italian. When they did not switch to Italian I started cursing them out in Italian in a calm querying voice. They seemed confused. :) Parli Italiano? Si? No? Sei Stupido?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back