iOS/mobile friendly version

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

s1chris

Staff Sergeant
Dec 10, 2011
England
Howdy, just wondered if it had ever been suggested or contemplated to make the site available as a mobile version?
I use the site 99% of the time from my iPhone and to be honest do find it a bit of pain in the rear to use. However then pluses far out weigh the minuses so I put up and usually shut up.

Cheers Chris

Unfortunately the version of the forum script doesn't support the mobile variant. So it would have to be upgraded to the ver.5 or 4.8 at least. But Mods can't do that themself. All it depends on our main Admin Horse.

Last edited:
We can't get the banner changed, let alone get the owner/main admin involved. Why worry about a mobile friendly version? :)

Thanks for the replies.

So is the admin/owner AWOL then?

Cheers Chris

Strange, but explains the banner!
Is the site in any danger of going offline if he/she does not reappear?

I have just requested to join the fb group as a contingency.

Last edited:
Strange, but explains the banner!
Is the site in any danger of going offline if he/she does not reappear?
We recently had a server problem that put us offline for a few days. But through the efforts of the Mods, we were back online again.

If this happens in the future (it can happen, the internet is what it is) then go over to Facebook and stay in touch with the gang by way of the ww2aircraft.net group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back