Iraqi Mig Buried in the Desert.... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

No we were ordered to stop. The Gulf War was a UN action to get Saddam out of Kuwait. I do agree though that we needed to finish it then and then we would not be there now. But then we would probably be in Iran then if we were not in Iraq right now.

He could have ended it there and then. He obviously never studied the Wehrmacht doctrine, "...never let up. If the enemy is in retreat follow him to the extent of your supply." The Coalition in the Gulf War could have destroyed the Iraqi Army and it's regime in one swoop.

lesofprimus said:
We were ordered to stop by General Colin Powell, head of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, not the UN....

He was ordered to stop by the President. I think he resigned because were over there now even though it was known beforehand there never were any WMDs to find.

wmaxt

Hey guys guess what I found... A mach three toy and its all mine! I always liked the -25 the most out of all the MiGs, just its look and what it was built for I guess.

wmaxt said:
lesofprimus said:
We were ordered to stop by General Colin Powell, head of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, not the UN....

He was ordered to stop by the President. I think he resigned because were over there now even though it was known beforehand there never were any WMDs to find.

wmaxt

And the President had to stop because of the UN mandate. I agree with you Les taht it should have been finished there and then. We should not have stopped but it was not Powells fault.

Aggie08 said:
Hey guys guess what I found... A mach three toy and its all mine! I always liked the -25 the most out of all the MiGs, just its look and what it was built for I guess.

MiG-25's are kick ass...But not as kick ass as the plane it was supposed to intercept, the B-70 8) 8)

Yeah that is what I did not like about them. I saw lots of 27's in Iraq that were just mothballed at airbases and stuff.

Well from what I know it was designed to compete and supercede the F-22 and the Eurofighter. It was reportadly canceled due to its high costs in 1997 but then continued with the first test flight being in 2000.

General Characteristics
Crew: one, pilot
Length: 19 m (62 ft 4 in)
Wingspan: 15 m (89 ft 6 in)
Height: 4.50 m (49 ft 3 in)
Wing area: m² ( ft²)
Empty (estimated): 15,000 kg (33,000 lb)
Loaded: kg ( lb)
Maximum takeoff (estimated): 20,000 kg (44,000 lb)
Powerplant: 2x Lyulka AL-41F, 175 kN (39,340 lbf) thrust each (Experimental model)

Performance
Maximum speed (estimated): 2,750 km/h (1,720 mph), Mach 2.6
Range (estimated): 4,000 km (2,500 miles)
Service ceiling: m ( ft)
Rate of climb: m/min ( ft/min)
Wing loading: kg/m² ( lb/ft²)
Thrust-to-weight:

Armament
Guns:
Cannon, 30 mm, Izhmash GSh-301

Ordnance, Air-to-Air:
AA-12 Adder R-77, Missile, Medium Range, Radar Guided AA-11 Archer R-73, Missile, Short Range, IR Guided K-37, Missile, Long Range, Radar Guided K-74, Missile, Short Range, IR Guided

Ordnance, Air-to-Ground:
Unknown. Probably any late generation AGM or small-diameter free fall bomb in the Russian inventory.

Attachments

• mig35_904.jpg
    mig35_904.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 246
Whoa. Cool. Definitely looks like a MiG, but doesn't look like anything they've made before. Slick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back