IS THIS A JOKE?!? NCO PILOTS?!?!? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The CAF would need to start buying aircraft that can stay in the air first. Then they should find pilots rather easily.

Last month, a Canadian F-18 lost an engine part (supposed to be a bearing) somewhere near the Lac Saint-Jean. They sent out a message to the media saying : "if you find the piece, contact the Army ASAP".

What about hanging a net behind those F-18s ? That way, every falling pieces would be caught before hurting any civilian.

I did not know the Confederate Air Force had any F18s. (just kidding with you Canucks) I was in Vancouver and Whistler Blackcomb a few years ago on business and my goodness you Canadians have some beautiful women in BC.

I did not know the Confederate Air Force had any F18s. (just kidding with you Canucks) I was in Vancouver and Whistler Blackcomb a few years ago on business and my goodness you Canadians have some beautiful women in BC.

Yeah i know, and it is more likely to get youre hands on weapons grade plutonium in canada before those women let you touch them haha

A shortage of pilots will do that to you.

It used to be a prerequisite in the Army as well.

The Army had the High School to Flight School program and then they had a prerequisite of 2 years of college and now they got rid of that program again.

If you have served in the canadian forces, its not hard at all to transfer to the U.S. Marines, but i have found that more guys in the canadian army have opted to join the royal marines instead

Well, like this they are sure they will never have to fight against their homeland... Canada is way too chicken to declare war on the UK and the UK doesn't want us back. So I think they are just playing it safe. ;)

I would be a liar if I said that I never considered entering the Royal Navy. But there was two big things playing against me...

1 - Shortly after 9/11 (that's when I considered joining in), I remember reading on the RN website that in order to get the plane ticket paid back you had to be "invited" to do the tests by the Navy itself. Otherwise, it was a "try your luck if you want, but we won't pay" situation. I was 17 and still in first year of college... So I was out of cash.

2 - Like I said, I was 17. So I needed my parents' written permission to enlist. My father never agreed to let me go. No matter if it was for the Royal Marines or the Royal Navy Flight School.

That's where I turned to the US... It was closer to home so if I failed the tests it would have been less hard on my "fragile wallet". :rolleyes:

Like I said, I was 17. So I needed my parents' written permission to enlist. My father never agreed to let me go. No matter if it was for the Royal Marines or the Royal Navy Flight School.

not only that you cant go over seas if youre a minor, but you still could have joined the reserves, still have time for college, and have money

not only that you cant go over seas if youre a minor, but you still could have joined the reserves, still have time for college, and have money

Don't even try, Hussars... :D The only way I would join the Canadian army is if I was conscript.

I mean, I don't fear death... We all die someday. But it would piss me off to die (or be wounded) due to some crappy equipment malfunction. And there is a lot of them in the Canadian army.

The Canadian army is no longer what it was back in the 50s... We have crappy tanks with sinking boats and rusty planes that are falling apart... And helicopters that cannot even land correctly on a cruiser ! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Crashed Seaking.jpg
    Crashed Seaking.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 91
It's too bad the American Army doesn't accept foreigners... Unless you've got dual citizenship or some high placed contacts.

What are you talking about? I served with a German, Canadian, Mexican and Haitian. None of them Dual Citizenship.

You can enlist in the US military as a forign national, you just can not be an officer.

I was asking around to see about the Warrant Officers last week. They haven't begun primary flight training yet, I know that.

Some are upset with the program because they feel like the warrant officer pilots will be "cheating the system." I think that's really what it comes down to. Everyone knows that the military is very clickish. Each entity defends their own little world tooth and nail in many cases, even for no apparrent reason. I think it comes down to nothing more than that.

I am not opposed to the program. If they select the right sailors, it should be successful. I am sure that they will, because if they don't select those that will bust their humps to make it through navy flight school, the program will get the plug pulled. Navy flight school is a rough program.

Question for you Adler - in the Army, do the pilots (comm and WOs) leave their squadrons and do tours with training command and other non operational units in between operational tours?

Don't even try, Hussars... :D The only way I would join the Canadian army is if I was conscript.

I mean, I don't fear death... We all die someday. But it would piss me off to die (or be wounded) due to some crappy equipment malfunction. And there is a lot of them in the Canadian army.

The Canadian army is no longer what it was back in the 50s... We have crappy tanks with sinking boats and rusty planes that are falling apart... And helicopters that cannot even land correctly on a cruiser ! :rolleyes:
and you know absolutely nothing about it we may not have had the best of equipment but we knew how to maintain and use it:evil: Please try and get your info from something more substanial then the local sensationalist news

The Canadian army is no longer what it was back in the 50s... We have crappy tanks with sinking boats and rusty planes that are falling apart... And helicopters that cannot even land correctly on a cruiser

First off, whoever said we have cruisers?

and most of our helicopters are just fine, the Sea Kings are the ones we have the most rouble with, and they are being replaced, plus new tanks,new medium-heavy lift helicopters, new C-130 transports are being ordered

and we have always been able to maintain our equiptment, do you really think an officer could live with himself if he knowingly sent a soldier out to the feild with malfunctioning equipment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back