Israeli forces storm the ships; number of killed people (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost looks like a setup, some night vision film is out and it looks like the Palestenians start beating the crap out of the commando's as soon as they hit the deck.

From what I'e heard, the Humanitarian groups went with the intention of making a statement and breaking the blockade of Gaza. The Israelis allow food and humanitarian supplies in on a daily basis but they reserve the right to inspect all products going in and out of Gaza.

The flotilla was an attempt to break the blockade by creating an international incident. The organizers have been trying to do it for a while but the only country that would let them sail from their ports was Turkey.

Two things seem to have gone against Israel here (and I'm going on the latest BBC reporting):

1. The convoy was intercepted well outside Israeli territorial waters, which suggests that the Israelis wanted this fight as much as anyone else.

2. The use of deadly force will, rightly or wrongly, be seen as being disproportionate. Restrain the troublemakers, detain them, but was it really necessary to kill them

Co-incidentally, an Israeli MP has just been on the TV criticising the govt and saying the use of such force is too much and must stop. It is almost unprecedented for the Israeli govt to criticise it's own in this kind of situation.

And on another note, Israel is admitting that weapons are still coming through the Gaza tunnels, and by inference, the blockade is doing nothing to enhance Israeli security while massively punishing the civilian population for the sins of their govt. We all know how that worked out in Iraq...

UPDATE: Just seen a report that another aid convoy is on the way to Palestine. No word from Israel on how it's planning to respond.

Last edited:
Seems like i recall that back in the late 60's Israeli jets attacked a US navy intelligence ship clearly flying a US flag. the US government refused to allow a nearby carrier to launch aircraft despite repeated calls for help for over an hour. then israeli torpedo boats appeared and used machine guns on sailors in the water. total casualities were 30 -40 KIA and 200 or so WIA. as i recall nothing was ever done about it

In the interests of balancing my sources, Fox News are reporting criticism from a retired Israeli general and from the Israeli media over the way the operation was carried out.

They also report that an American woman has lost an eye after being hit in the face by a tear gas canister fired by IDF forces during an unrelated protest. Sources quoted by Fox indicate she was in the vicinity of the protest but not participating in it at the time.

According to the BBC Israel has announced it's intention to intercept the ship still inbound, which currently lies 20 miles off Gaza.

Anybody see the video where the Isrealis hail the relief ship, note that there is a blockade, tell them that they will be boarded and that all relief supplies will be sent to Gaza under the relief ship's supervision and upon completion of the offloading the ship would be returned to them? I heard the audio on the radio news, but can't find the video.

Seems like i recall that back in the late 60's Israeli jets attacked a US navy intelligence ship clearly flying a US flag. the US government refused to allow a nearby carrier to launch aircraft despite repeated calls for help for over an hour. then israeli torpedo boats appeared and used machine guns on sailors in the water. total casualities were 30 -40 KIA and 200 or so WIA. as i recall nothing was ever done about it

USS Liberty incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

don't think even through the media gents we will get the truth. when I was there in 1980's the media was everywhere on certain incidents that took place and Arafat was still blowing up trains/planes and you name it, the media never got it right once ........ everyone disagreed t truth even when it was plain to see

We should also note that the blockade is an Israeli/Egyptian operation, not just Israeli. If you go to the Strategy Page.com, you can see another side to the story. Here's the link, read the story for May 30 and May 31.

Israel: Theater To Die For

More stuff to factor in when you consider what you are hearing.

Lastly, if you want to read what the Israelis are putting out, go here. It'd Debka. Decent site, definitely slanted towards the Israeli perspective.

DEBKAfile, Political Analysis, Espionage, Terrorism, Security

I understand Egypt has re-opened it's border and effectively ended their part in the blockade in response to public outrage at the Israeli actions. There are some very intense discussions developing over whether Israel was acting within international law in boarding the ships in international waters. The UK has added it's voice to the criticism of the Israeli operation and called for an end to the blockade.

In good news, the IDF has killed several militants launching rockets into Israeli territory. That is legitimate self-defence. I have a feeling the naval action will not be seen in the same light.

I'm also very interested in the assertion that Al Qaeda operatives were aboard the ships. The Israeli govt has not confirmed this claim, but they have not distanced themselves from it AFAIK.

Matt, I appreciate that the Israelis warned the ships that there was a blockade in place, but there is a large question mark over whether the Israelis had a right to enforce a blockade in international waters in the first place. My understanding is that the convoy was within it's rights to navigate wherever it pleased as it was in international waters. Furthermore, surely as the convoy was headed to Gaza, it would never enter Israeli waters at any point and so the Israelis had no legal basis to interfere with it?

Last edited:
OMG, again we have a case of breaking international law by israel forces by an illegal attack without any evidences in international waters. Or is this the legitimation for the future e.g. that iranian navy forces can attack a israel merchant ship, because both countries doesn´t accept international laws.

Here i can read about militias smuggling weapons on the ships - where are the evidences excluding israel video spots censored by israel forces. And everybody here knows a government can fake the truth

I dont hope that this israel attack has opened the pandora box of new terrorism - and that not only against Israel.

T

Matt, I appreciate that the Israelis warned the ships that there was a blockade in place, but there is a large question mark over whether the Israelis had a right to enforce a blockade in international waters in the first place. My understanding is that the convoy was within it's rights to navigate wherever it pleased as it was in international waters. Furthermore, surely as the convoy was headed to Gaza, it would never enter Israeli waters at any point and so the Israelis had no legal basis to interfere with it?

While I recognize that is maritime law, reality is that no sane nation that I know of respects that 20mi line of demarcation. Even the US flouts 200mi. Personally, with an flotilla of activists publically stating that they are going to break the blockade with a ship loaded with who knows what approaching my 20mi zone of exclusion and not cooperating with me, **** em.

While I recognize that is maritime law, reality is that no sane nation that I know of respects that 20mi line of demarcation. Even the US flouts 200mi. Personally, with an flotilla of activists publically stating that they are going to break the blockade with a ship loaded with who knows what approaching my 20mi zone of exclusion and not cooperating with me, **** em.

I'm with Matt!

TO

just got this email from a friend in Israel

and translated of course

Here is the truth:

* Israel cannot allow ships to go directly to Gaza for security reasons. Innocent Israeli families are threatened daily with missile attacks launched from Gaza, and Israel must make sure weapons are not being smuggled into Gaza in "humanitarian" cargoes. Israel offered to offload all humanitarian supplies on board this ship and deliver them to Gaza.
* These Turkish ships know that the U.N. will deliver any and all humanitarian supplies after first examining shipments to make sure they contain no weapons. Thus it appears they deliberately provoked this incident for propaganda purposes.
* Israeli commanders were attacked and beaten by the "humanitarian" workers on this ship who were armed with iron bars and knives. One soldier was thrown off an upper deck and fell thirty feet to the deck below, sustaining significant injuries to his head.
* Israeli soldiers repeatedly told each other "Don't shoot! Don't shoot!" as they rappelled to the surface of the ship. They fired only as a last resort and in self-defense.
* According to the Weekly Standard, the organization behind this flotilla belongs to the Union of Good, which was created for the specific purpose of transferring tens of millions of dollars a year to Hamas-controlled entities in the Gaza Strip and whose leaders have been designated by our State Department as Specially Designated Global Terrorists.

believe what you want and criticize all you want ...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back