It has been a terrible week.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

One week ago today , my best friend's 34 year old daughter was murdered in her own home in Hamilton Ontario.
Jeff

My sincere condolences

It is bloody dis-gust-ing (I had to spell it like that to stop the web page showing a smiley) that this goes on so much. I hope the current Canadian legal system works, unlike the current Australian one.

In Australia this cretin would get a slap on the wrist and be told naughty boy don't do it again. His lawyer (to quote my father in law, a retired very senior magistrate, lawyer is the olde englishe spelling of LIAR) will cry crocodile tears and tell lots of bulldust on his behalf and totally ignore the effects of his actions. Even if the whole crime was captured on security cameras the liar will, almost without exception, claim his customer is innocent because that way he maximizes his income. The fact the taxpayer must waste a million or so on the trial is immaterial to liars.

Examples of Australian penalties
  • in Victoria several rapes and murders by mongrels out on bail and/or parole for similar crimes in the last few years.
This is what happens when you have a system where punishments are based on the dictate to magistrates and judges that no penalty is permitted to be more than the lightest historically given for a similar crime.

Often (very very often) I think the biggest scum are the lawyers and the politicians who permit these cretins to escape justice.

Mi

Last edited:
My sincere condolences

It is bloody dis-gust-ing (I had to spell it like that to stop the web page showing a smiley) that this goes on so much. I hope the current Canadian legal system works, unlike the current Australian one.
Mi

The latest stupidity from an Australian state government
Police union slams Victoria's child bail changes
And thy wonder why childrens crime is skyrocketing

Add to that Queensland has a no pursuit law - meaning the crim only has to exceed the speed limit to escape (unless a Police chopper is already following them - and that is is rare as rocking horse sh*t)

Very sad news Jeff, my condolences to you all.

I have no idea how, but I wish something real could be done to combat these sort of crimes. A friend was beaten senseless then kicked repeatedly in the head recently in a pub for no reason at all... he was a real mess. The culprit also a drug crazed idiot, recently out on bail for similar offences.

I don't carry a gun to kill people.
I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people.
I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil.
I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.
I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.
I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy.
I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven,
I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.
I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.
I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs,
I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it.
I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Police protection is an oxymoron.
Free citizens must protect themselves.
Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the crime after it happens
and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'.

Evan, would that that were possible. We are a violent species and there will always be those who for whatever reason, Nature or Nurture, are a few can short of a six-pack.
cc0472b66339ad9e7aa3d95d7f6b2e6f.jpg

Jeff, a belated thank-you for sharing with us. Only someone who's lost a loved one in that circumstance can begin to understand the gnawing grief and visceral anger. Marine Corps aviator Marion Carl was one of my dearest friends, killed in a home invasion in 1998. His murderer was sentenced to death but Oregon's outgoing governor (forced to resign in a political scandal) commuted all death row sentences. Frequently justice has to wait beyond the grave...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back