Italeri 1/72 scale Westland Wessex HAS.3 'Humphrey'

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lancaster630

Airman 1st Class
Feb 26, 2007
hi guys its not WW2 but I'm extremely proud of this :oops: hope you don't mind....

It represents Humphrey as flown from HMS Antrim during the Falklands war of 1982

Italeri172WestlandWessexHumphrey.jpg

Italeri172WestlandWessexHumphrey1.jpg

Italeri172WestlandWessexHumphrey2.jpg

Italeri172WestlandWessexHumphrey3.jpg

Italeri172WestlandWessexHumphrey4.jpg

Italeri172WestlandWessexHumphrey5.jpg

Italeri172WestlandWessexHumphrey6.jpg

Very nice work there! I've always liked the Choctaw (and its variants). I had a chance to see one fairly close up in Houston, as it landed in a parking lot downtown (it was hauling stuff around to various skyscraper rooftops for an event called the Power of Houston, where they set off fireworks). That is one big bird! You could fit a couple of the little Loaches the HPD used into one of those. It looked like the pilot was about 20 feet off the ground when landed.

Venganza

Anybody know if the 1/48th scale kit of the Wessex is still available? I think it might have been Revell? Wouldn't mind doing my brother-in-law's old bird.

Pretty sure theres a 1/48 Wessex available Terry ,Think your right too I remember seeing one a while ago made by revell

Maybe check out ebay?

Thanks Daniel, I'll have a look around. It's Bro-in-law's 60th birthday this year, so might surprise him with a model of one of the Wessex he flew before he reached extremely high rank.

Models are great gifts. The person loves that you made something for them and that it also looks kick ass and they can display it. :D

I'm still on the lookout for a cheap Revell 1/72 Flower Class Corvette I want to build for my dads 70th birthday this year. He spent his first 9 years on one when he joined the navy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back