Italian Thunderjet - Hobby Boss F-84G in 1:32 scale

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've had a look for close-up pics of HVARs on other aircraft, but haven't found anything useful yet. From what I have seen though, there was a small 'saddle' that attached to a bracket on the missile, and slipped over the rail stub. This was similar too, but smaller than the type used on the RPs carried by the Beaufighter, for example, but did not 'wrap around' the missile itself.
Andy's (Crimea River) thread in the Group Build shows the earlier type of 'saddle', which might help you figure it out.
When the missile was launched, the 'saddle' slipped along the rail, and then fell of the missile as the latter left the launch stubs.

Any help......................?

upload_2017-3-7_17-6-46.png

These pictures shows how HVARs were installed on P-38, at least according to Tamiya where the rocket per wing were 5, not four.
I think I should make a similar Christmas tree, with just four posts, something like the drawing in the first photo enclosed here.

Attachments

• support.jpg
    support.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 93
  • p-38 HVAR 2.jpg
    p-38 HVAR 2.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 196
  • P-38 HVAR.jpg
    P-38 HVAR.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 132
Hi everybody.
I managed to build my interpretation of these HVAR rails and I dry assembled everything prior to paint or, may be change something.
HVAR installed are those supplied with the HB kit, but I just learned that they are too long, see in the last photo them compared with those supplied by CMK that should be correct.
Already sent order to Hannants for those CMK rockets.
Alberto

Attachments

• DSCN2240.JPG
    DSCN2240.JPG
    338.5 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCN2241.JPG
    DSCN2241.JPG
    540 KB · Views: 61
  • DSCN2243.JPG
    DSCN2243.JPG
    722.2 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCN2238.JPG
    DSCN2238.JPG
    631.2 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCN2245.JPG
    DSCN2245.JPG
    590.2 KB · Views: 72
Nearly two month later, I'm back again on this subject.
CMK rockets arrived and I started trying to find out which one could be the correct way to to attach the to the central pylons. Unfortunately I was unable to find a detailed picture, only a three-quarter view of an American bird, therefore I had to immagine and finally I came out with something that seems good, at least to me, see pictures below.
Any comment and/or suggestion is very welcome.
Alberto

FS-160.jpg
DSCN2287.JPG
DSCN2288.JPG
DSCN2289.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Some pictures of the plate as I did it. Please note that, as I said already, it's completely coming out of my fantasy.
HVAR rockets have been primed and tomorrow should be able to start painting them.
Alberto

Attachments

• DSCN2291.JPG
    DSCN2291.JPG
    546.1 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCN2292.JPG
    DSCN2292.JPG
    596.8 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCN2293.JPG
    DSCN2293.JPG
    623.6 KB · Views: 76

Users who are viewing this thread