It's been a while and I need some help (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

NuclearFusion

Recruit
May 29, 2008
I have just recently gotten back into building models and decided to tackle building a Tamiya Douglas A-1J Skyraider. Actually, I'm building this one for a friends dad who was an A1 Skyraider pilot in Vietnam. My question is, where do I get the paints in order to do a correct camouflage paint scheme on a Skyraider? I am going to build this as acurate as possible and could use all of the help I can get. The paint scheme will be like the one in the picure of this link. The squadron information is different.
A-1H Skyraider by Triet Cam (Tamiya 1/48)

Flyboyj,
I appreciate the post but I know what it's suppose to look like. I need to know where I can buy the correct paint.

Not sure if I am helping or adding to the confusion, but here goes. If you are going for the same paint scheme as in the HS Feature article, the Federal Standard (FS) paint numbers are given. I usually buy my paints at the local hobby store, but I have also had good service from internet based suppliers such as Squadron, Roll Models, and Just Plane Hobbies. Any of them, or others, can be found with a Google search.

For that nice flat look you usually see on military aircraft, acrylics work well. Although, my experience has been mostly with Model Master enamels. They will give a good finish as well.

Dummy me thought the kit came with a fully camouflaged fuselage and wings. I don't have an air brush and was not prepared for so much work. I'm a novice at building detailed models. I didn't know there were so many different colors of paint required for the parts either so I guess I'll have to invest in some paint and equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back