Jagdgeschwader 6 Photographs Needed (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Maximowitz

Tech Sergeant
Jun 30, 2008
London, England.
Hi Ladies and Gents,

I'm doing some research at the moment on JG 6 - do any of you kind people have photographs of JG 6 aircraft among your archives?

Any and all help appreciated.

Paul

would you want to wait for the Urbanke/Manhro treatise in the future ? very hard to find pics of any Fw 190A's and D-9's with the red/white/red defense markings but they are in the hands of these two authors. of course there are many of the blue numbered D-9's online one has to looks, no rumpfbands sorry to say which years ago led many to believe the Jagdgeschwader never had the marking applied which is quite incorrect.

E ~

Erich, that book is at the very top of my "must buy" list. I shall remain patient. :D

I'm looking into a clash between II./JG 6 and the 367th FG on the 25th August 1944. No doubt this new work will contain information on the battle.

I did find this though:

387th Bomb Group

@ Terry: Cheers mate!

good site for the action plus the many b/w and colour pics of Lightnings.

wish I could be of more help on this JG which I have nearly nil on. the LW pilots formerly were of course twin engine chaps they must have felt incredibly uneasy flying single engine jobs and told to hit US bomber formations and then be involved with US fighter formations of any size whether they wanted to or not....... I think of ace Rudi Dassow who probably did not have a clue what to do in an Fw 190A-8 so used to flying the Me 410B pulk destroyer.

Last edited:
Found some more of what are no doubt oft-published photos of the following FW-190D's captured:

Blue/Black 12 of II/JG 6 WNr 500570 3 pics
Blue/Black 8 of II/JG 6 WNr 500581 2 pics
Blue/Black <+- Stab II/JG 6 WNr 211934 3 pics

These are in a Sqaudron Signal Walkaround.

Picture 1: Focke-Wulf FW-190A8 1./JG6 (Red 6) W. Nr. 739533 flown by an unknown JG6 pilot Furth May 08 1945

Picture 2: Focke-Wulf FW-190A8 5./JG6 (White 17) flown by an Karl Grabmair 1944

Many thanks to all who have contributed. According to John Manrho in his book."Bodenplatte" JG 6 had barely two weeks to convert to single engine fighters before they were declared operational.

Strange to note Rudi Dassow is still listed as MIA.

Last edited:
Erich, would you have any information on which part of JG 6 were equipped with the D-9 and when?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back