Japan and Japanese

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here is the official site of the mission ispace Announces Earliest Scheduled Lunar Landing Date for HAKUTO-R Mission 1 | ispace.

ispace_LOI-1536x810.jpg

Yellow Dust Storm from China Hits Japan.
This is said the heaviest one in ten years. I certainly feel pain in my eyes and throat.

The sand was visible after the rain on the floor ten years ago.
Yellow_sand_2013.jpg

Last edited:
Just asking out of curiosity, do the government / media treat the sports medalists same? More specifically, Olympics or any other international events.

Just asking out of curiosity, do the government / media treat the sports medalists same? More specifically, Olympics or any other international events.
I don't recall many cases but Naomi Osaka as the flame-bearer in the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games was very political and unnatural.
She was regarded as a rude tennis player and not necessarily popular with the Japanese people. Media/government did not reflect people's opinion.

It may be due to DeSantis having very little experience/public recognition relative to overseas relations. He needs to build credibility relative to foreign affairs if he wants to compete in the upcoming presidential election. His current visit to Japan is (I think) part of a trade mission.

Although he served on the Foreign Affairs Committee a couple of times while in Congress, I am not sure if he ever left the US (he may have done so but I do not remember reading/hearing about any travels involving official business).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back