Japan and Japanese

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

One of daily news in Japan.

A 90 year-old rich man donated $2.3M to a hospital where he was cared before his death.
His family sued the hospital claiming he was cheated by the hospital.
The amount could have been small for the man IMO.

Google translation:

Original site:

I would not trust China, they have no sense of honor.

They accuse Japan's increased defense budget as "provocative", yet Japan is forced to increase it's defense spending due to China's aggressive south China Sea militirization and harassment of Taiwan.

This is the same rhetoric the Soviet Union used against NATO's defensive posture, claiming that building defenses against attack was "provocative".

Seeing the situation from my neutral position and historical viewpoint, I think that the US has increased the military tenstion in this region to beat back China from the US market for these several years rapidly. As a result, Japan, S.Korea and Taiwan are obliged to spend more budget for the US. I simply see this the US's military business.

China only does after the US and they don't see any goal.
This is what Japan did 90 years ago.

One of the most popular Japanese comedians, Kenji Tamura (50), quits his job to live in the US this month.
He says he has been fascinated with the greatness of Grand Canyon a few years before and decided to live in the US for his second life.
We miss him but wish his good health there.

Kenji_Tamura.jpg

Photo: たむけん "50歳引退"撤回 来年5月渡米で新事業「芸人辞めなくてもやりたいことできる」 - スポニチ Sponichi Annex 芸能

Wrecks of the crashed UH60 offshore Okinawa were lifted a few days ago and are being delivered to the division headquarters in Kumamoto, 772 kilometers (480 miles) north from Okinawa. I think the investigation in Okinawa would have been quicker and more convenient with help of US troops if necessary. Looks like typical sectionalism of beaurocrats to me.

UH60_Okinawa.jpg

Photo: 引き揚げの機体 出港へ準備 沖縄宮古島陸自ヘリ事故(ANNニュース)

A man from Gambia, Africa destroyed Jizo stone statues in Kobe City and was arrested a few days ago.
Japanese people and authorities are to pay most attention to the visitors from Gambia for the time being as we have little knowledge about his country. We hope this would not be called 'racism.'

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtmXsez9xgE

A man from Gambia, Africa destroyed Jizo stone statues in Kobe City and was arrested a few days ago.
Japanese people and authorities are to pay most attention to the visitors from Gambia for the time being as we have little knowledge about his country. We hope this would not be called 'racism.'

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtmXsez9xgE

That is a shame!

The majority of Gambia is Muslim, so I suspect he was motivated to damage the Jizo statues because of that. :(

That is a shame!

The majority of Gambia is Muslim, so I suspect he was motivated to damage the Jizo statues because of that. :(
Thanks for your advice, Dave.

Though police does not clarify nationality yet, this another foreign guy (18) destroyed the window glasses one after another throwing stones in Osaka a few days ago too. The more visitors increase, the more this kind of 'insane' troubles increase.

"He shouted Show time"
AA1aR4rA.jpg

Source: MSN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back