Japan and Japanese

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That is a shame!

The majority of Gambia is Muslim, so I suspect he was motivated to damage the Jizo statues because of that. :(
Funny thing is that their god's name, Allah, Comes from one of the most famous idols from pre-islamic era, Al-lat. However, in big cities, most of people were Jewish or Christian, but there were numerous tribes who worshiped lots of different idols.

Well, I know about "inflation" and big numbers in Japan, but what about addiction? Drugs and alcoholism! I don't know much about it

Well, I know about "inflation" and big numbers in Japan, but what about addiction? Drugs and alcoholism! I don't know much about it
According to the research by the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare of Japan, the drug abuse ratio between the age 15 and 64 in 2017 is 1.4% for marihuana, 1.1% for organic solvent, 0.5% for stimulant drug, 0.3% for cocaine and 0.2% for other drugs. Generally 1% more or less. It is similar for the alcohol dependence.

Source: 現在の薬物乱用の状況|厚生労働省

Thank you, Shinpachi-san! The numbers are not "worsening" like what is going in here, but it wonders me what's the reason behind of such a "rise" in crimes!!!

Surely a well organized crime sindycate, like Yakuza, won't do such low level things! So who's behind?

I hope the situation being dealt in right ways, before it comes something uncontrollable.

Shinpachi, I noticed in the video that the florescent lights were flickering.

Does Japan use 220V for their standard electrical supply?
Good point, Dave :thumbleft:
The flickering is caused by phase difference of LED lamp with camera.
Voltage is generally 100V for home and 220V for factory use.
Traffic light is 100V.

Good point, Dave :thumbleft:
The flickering is caused by phase difference of LED lamp with camera.
Voltage is generally 100V for home and 220V for factory use.
Traffic light is 100V.
Ahh...LEDs, I didn't consider that!

I know that Europe uses 220V and that causes a flickering with fluorescent or sodium vapor lamps in videos.

Japanese government complains TIME.

"The latest online edition of Time magazine features Japanese Prime Minister Kishida Fumio on its cover, with a headline saying he "wants to abandon decades of pacifism" and "make his country a true military power.""

I think that is a hope of US side to give pressure to China.
Every action is too slow to be threats to neighbors.

The cover headline changed.
It's quick.

TIME_May22-29_issue.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back