Japan and Japanese

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Passengers run.

JAL_A350-900 (JL516_Sapporo-Tokyo)_Jan-2-2024.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEvKiKFhboY

I agree the JAL crew did a great job, hard to believe everyone made it off the A350 after watching the video's and considering that the nose gear seems to have either collapsed or was sheered off the A350. Those rear escape slide angles were very steep!

Brings back a little PTSD of a runway collision between 2 of my former Employers A/C at Detroit Metro many years ago, when the DC9-10 missed the taxiway and turned onto the active runway while a B727-200 was taking off in heavy fog. I knew 2 or the passengers on the DC9 both survived but around 8 others were not as fortunate. The stories they told escaping after the collision and fire will always stay with me.

Japan Airlines flight with 300+ passengers on board is burning on the runway in Tokyo.

A classic example of the difference between Qantas and airlines that train the cabin staff to initiate an evacuation as fast as possible instead of waiting for the captain to give the order using a totally dead intercom and PA system.

Congratulations to Japan Airlines and its staff for proving that even in an "unsurviveable" accident that everyone CAN survive.

MEMO to Qantas - note who the only person nearly killed was and stop telling your staff you have never had an accident.

Last edited:

Attachments

• translated_image_en.jpg
    translated_image_en.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 9
Recent transition of the earthquake shelter.
I feel the shelter industry is growing rapidly.

Noto in 2024 this time.
Shelter_Noto_2024.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dTzn1uOTuk

Iwate in 2011 of the Fukushima incident.
Shelter_Iwate_2011.jpg

For the JSDF personnel, it is not a breach of the rules to visit the Yasukuni Shirine which deifies the war heroes but to force personnel to do so. A local news today reports -

Defense Ministry launches investigation into possible violation of notification by JGSDF officers visiting Yasukuni Shrine.
A reporter from the Mainichi Shimbun has confirmed that officers from the JGSDF's Air Accident Investigation Committee visited Yasukuni Shrine in Kudankita, Tokyo, on the 9th of this month. On the 11th, the Ministry of Defense acknowledged the facts and announced that an implementation plan had been prepared for the visit to the shrine and that the committee chairman, Hiroki Kobayashi, Vice Chief of the Ground Staff (Army General) and others used official vehicles for the purpose. The ministry announced that it would launch an investigation into the matter as it may violate a circular from the vice minister, which requires a corps, unit or organization to refrain from visiting religious facilities or forcing personnel to participate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back