Japanese bombers and transport aircrafts

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

".... They had no remarkable ambition or self-confidence to control the world yet."

Not quite sure what you're saying here, Shinpachi. When General MacArthur assumed the role of "Military Governor" of Japan the underlying goal was to introduce a broad range of American (democratic) ideas into Japanese society - not to turn the Japanese people into Americans. That endeavor has been hugely successful, has it not?

Nature does not tolerate a vacuum. If America seems to be seeking world "control" - ask yourself what force or ideology you would have replace her. We have seen Soviet Communism stumble, to be replaced by .... Russian nationalism. We see China rising ... having embraced free market Capitalism. And we see Islamic fundamentalism on the rise from Bali to New York City ... to enable a world of Muslim believers .... no?

If you fear American "control", my dear friend :), please be careful 'what you wish for' .... to replace it :).

Free enterprise, free markets and the free exchange of ideas and commodities are the most powerful natural forces in our domain of living things. For all living things, success is always about the correct response to "opportunity". :)

Chairs,

MM

PS - I love your work.

I wished you to delete this post when I deleted my answer....
I would forget.

More Pics

Attachments

• Mitsubishi Ki-21 Sally 006.JPG
    Mitsubishi Ki-21 Sally 006.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 320
  • Mitsubishi Ki-21 Sally 008.JPG
    Mitsubishi Ki-21 Sally 008.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 323
  • r.JPG
    r.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 298
"... Sorry but I must tell you because Americans are my friends. As I have commented somewhere on this forum before, the Americans at the time were different from the ones today. They had no remarkable ambition or self-confidence to controll the world yet.

".... I wished you to delete this post when I deleted my answer...."

Sinpachi - if we are playing 'delete games' - now it's your turn :) I had hoped you would delete your original post - quoted above - after I complied with your request that I delete my response to that post.

I will be please to discuss this further if you wish, by PEM. :)

MM
Toronto, CANADA

Wow, michaelmaltby:shock:
I understand everything clearly now.

I must apologize you because I had misidentified you as another member 'fnqvmuch' who advised me by PM to delete my post as an answer to your post.

You do not have to delete yuor post.
I am so sorry.

Hey, Shinpachi - apologies not called for. But I couldn't understand what sh*tstorm "hit" me :) First I read a post of yours deleted, followed by a post by 'fnqvmuch' - nether of which I had read.

I'd love to know - PEM of course :) - what your reply to me actually was - that he/she took offense.:)

I take offense at almost nothing - but ignorance and hurtful behavior, I have not tolerance for - especially on this site where one is exchanging views with aircraft-lovers from around the globe and of every political hue. :) There is so much to learn if one is willing to learn, and at the same time - one should be true to one's values and not apologize for them.

BTW Simpachi I am optimistic about America's future - but it is going to be slow and painful.

MM
Proud Canadian

I can't fathom the fear and panic in the gunners but I am always amazed that they will keep shooting at an aircraft even when it's missing a wing as with the aircraft on the left or on fire and in a spin as with the aircraft on the right. I've seen videos where the aircraft has lost a wing a few hundred feet above the water and the gunners kept firing even after it had crashed. I imagine it could have been anger as well.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back