Japanese Gliders

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oh, your father was an elite:shock:
That school is now a part of Osaka University!

Oh, your father was an elite:shock:
That school is now a part of Osaka University!

LOL...oh, I don't know. I have never been given specific information but family have said that my Grandmothers family where a samurai family and that they where connected to the government in those years. :rolleyes:

LOL...oh, I don't know. I have never been given specific information but family have said that my Grandmothers family where a samurai family and that they where connected to the government in those years. :rolleyes:

Possibly.
When I was seventeen years old, I said to my parents "I want to go to America". They said "Give up! We have no money.":cry:
I went there by myself a decade later:)

When did you come to America? Did you sight-see much or was it for work? Where did you travel?

My Father came in 1953 (I think) when Japanese where allowed to travel to USA. His life goal was somewhat "un-Japanese" in that he didn't want to be committed to one employer for his whole life. At the time he had been working for Osaka Gas...

I think your father is around 80. Very active person... established a glider club, worked for the first class corporation and emigrated for the United States. This IS a story.

I visited San Francisco and Los Angeles to experience a hundgun shooting in 1979. I joined a sightseeing tour which had nothing to do with the shooting.
Ichiro Nagata and Jack K. Takubo (both were photographers there then) picked me up for a ranch , ah...namely "Twin Sisters" and an offcial shooting range nearby.

Nest time if I may visit there, I'll be sure to visit some aviation museums:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back