Japanese Willow Type 93 1/32

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thks Vic and Terry.I went I think to Aerodrome?? and found an article going enamel first let dry for two days then oils.The oils you apply to a post note like and let it sit for oh about 20minutes.The paper pulls the oils out of the pigment then using a sort of stiff brush and turpentine lay it on light and thin.I will find out tomorrow or Thursday I got some Reefer Orange laid down last night I saw some flaws I got to fill and sand then respray. Cheers

Thks Wayne.I am getting close to getting the wings on and the fuse is just sitting on the attachment points of the float bracing not glue as of yet.That being said shows how well this old kit goes together.I would say to anybody out there if you get a chance to get one of these do it.Thier is some flash to clean here and there but it is worth it.Well I have gotten some Floquil Reefer Orange laid down on the girl but it does seem that it is taking awhile to fully cure just that feel .I still have touchups in a couple of spots but all is going well with this one and it has been fun.Tomorrow I start on the wood grain effects on the prop and braces for the wing.Cheers

P.S.I just wanted to add this girl is of good size almost feels 1/24 scale it just feels big.I will post something buy her later for scale effect.

Attachments

• willow 016_edited (700 x 525).jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 117
  • willow 018_edited (700 x 323).jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 111
  • willow 019_edited (700 x 524).jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 102
  • willow 017_edited (750 x 818).jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 103
  • willow 020_edited (700 x 524).jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Thks Vic Well I got the prop made up like its a laminate type of build and it actually looks pretty good to me anyway.I was starting to put the top wing on and Gawddd!! I had to stop for the day.The plane almost found a wall but I got the pieces back together(one strut broke) and it is setting up and drying overnight.I am going to have to do some very careful touchups with the AB after this all together.Cheers

Kevin......just make sure the next photo I see...that the floats are the right way around, 'cause you have them the wrong way in those photo's above!

Ja Vonne ja Kommadant!! actually they are not glued in yet and glad you recognized that Wayne Cheers

Thats the way it sound on Hogan's Heroes from Sgt.Shultz

Last edited:
Nice job so far Kevin. I'll admit, I thought the floats were Rs about face too !

Yeah I don't know what I was thinking the backend looked like the bow of a boat and yet I had to put rudders I think on the pointy end of the AR196 on the Graf Spee Cheers and thanks for looking in guys

Lucky break Kevin and well spotted Wayne, I didn't notice a thing I was mesmerized by that magnificent engine and my glasses were dirty.............

Well all previous problems have been overcomed fellas.The floats and upper wing are now in play.I have also added the struts for the ailerons movement.The instructions called for using fine wire but just could not envision that and while photos show something smaller than what I have placed it was definitly bigger than what the instructions was calling for.I have some fidility bits to place,build the dolley then decals.Cheers

I change to Photo Bucket because the resize looked fuzzy

Last edited:
looking pretty damn good Kevin...need to break out the sunnies though...

Don't take them off yet Wayne.Well I have gotten a little accomplished albiet a little slow due to the Holidays.I built up the dolley and painted it Japanese Army green(alot of sanding on this piece).The decals are just to old and I am going to be pushed once again to the edge of the cliff and have to paint everything I am afraid.I had bought a new tool severals months back that may aid in the circular cuts for the meatballs on frisket paper.I have ideas for everything to be but they still need mulling over if I am successful at this it should ad a nice piece of realism I think.Cheers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread