Jeff's jpegs

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

20190116_151156.jpg

Some clean fun in the pool

Cheers

Jeff

View attachment 525866

Total Mexico mode!
Cheers

Jeff

Mexico mode my left nostril! I've never seen that shirt before, but my guess is it says "Visit Central Florida" on the left sleeve. Those are "Detroit Tigers" Ds on the shirt, which means it came from spring training in Lakeland, Florida. The Tigers' facility (Tigertown) is on the site of Lodwick Field, a WWII flight training facility where brand new pilot trainees got to know the Stearman. I grew up in Lakeland, right across the lake from Tigertown. We moved there, from Chicago, in '65. Imagine my d i s g u s t when MY White Sox came to town and were treated like the enemy. Then, the Tigers won the World Series in '68 and my life as a baseball fan was forever ruined. :)

-Irish

Edit: Why is the word d i s g u s t turned into an emoji without it having a colon before and after it? That makes writing a bit difficult, when some of my words turn into sign language.

K
Mexico mode my left nostril! I've never seen that shirt before, but my guess is it says "Visit Central Florida" on the left sleeve. Those are "Detroit Tigers" Ds on the shirt, which means it came from spring training in Lakeland, Florida. The Tigers' facility (Tigertown) is on the site of Lodwick Field, a WWII flight training facility where brand new pilot trainees got to know the Stearman. I grew up in Lakeland, right across the lake from Tigertown. We moved there, from Chicago, in '65. Imagine my d i s g u s t when MY White Sox came to town and were treated like the enemy. Then, the Tigers won the World Series in '68 and my life as a baseball fan was forever ruined. :)

-Irish

Edit: Why is the word d i s g u s t turned into an emoji without it having a colon before and after it? That makes writing a bit difficult, when some of my words turn into sign language.
I was referencing state of mind as opposed to exact clothing item. You are spot on with the ball team. My nephew is on the coaching staff in Lakeland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back