JGr 25 and JGr 50: Help Wanted!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Maximowitz

Tech Sergeant
Jun 30, 2008
London, England.
Hello Chaps,

Would any of you fine body of men have any information, pics or profiles of the aircraft used by these two high altitude Defence of the Reich units?

I found a Bf109 G-5 in the old stash and thought it might make a nice modelling project for one of these crates! ;)

There are two excellent profiles by artist Claes Sundin:

Bf 109G-6 (Red Tulip) flown by Hermann Graf Stab/JG 50 Weisbaden-Erbenheim Germany in September 1943

Bf 109G-6 flown by Hauptmann Alfred Grislawski 1./JG 50 Weisbaden-Erbenheim Germany in September 1943

Attachments

• Bf109G-6 Hermann Graf StabJG50 Weisbaden-Erbenheim Germany septenber1943.gif
    Bf109G-6 Hermann Graf StabJG50 Weisbaden-Erbenheim Germany septenber1943.gif
    38.4 KB · Views: 120
  • Bf 109G-6 Hauptmann Alfred Grislawski 1JG50 Wiesbaden-Erbenheim september1943.gif
    Bf 109G-6 Hauptmann Alfred Grislawski 1JG50 Wiesbaden-Erbenheim september1943.gif
    42.4 KB · Views: 126
Eagle editions did up a couple of the crates decal wise. Christer has a site most likley 1-2 pages on the Jagdgruppen from some years ago.

in any case the two units were completely worthless

Yup, indeed JG 25 and JG 50, there's a typo in the John Weal book I was looking at....

..... and yes Erich, not the most succesful units ever created! I was just thinking of them from a modelling perspective, colourful crates that they were. Why do you think they were so ineffective in their designated role Erich?

And thank you all for the help, most kind!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back