Jump from 120,000 feet (Live)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DerAdlerIstGelandet

Private Chemtrail Disperser
Staff
Mod
Nov 8, 2004
USA/Germany
Here is a live feed for the free fall jump from 120,000 ft.

He is attempting to break the world record and be the first man to break the sound barrier without an aircraft or capsule.

Live Broadcast | Red Bull Stratos

Felix Baumgartner

Nationality: Austrian
Date of Birth: 20 April 1969

Good luck Felix!

Cool 8) so it been at least 50 years to break the old jump record then...

I think if he did break the sound barrier, he'd still be up high enough that there wouldn't be a sonic boom due to the thin air - perhaps a pop, or none at all..

I'm wondering how they make the Mach calculation since Mach numbers are calculated based upon altitude (airspace density). This has to be why it is taking so long because it would be determination of the intersection of two separate curves.

Wow !
He did it !!!Great !
Poor images, but 'chute opening looks really brutal !
Parachuter michel fournier (at least 60 years old) is actually saying live on tv : bof, i can and i will do better...
Assh**e!
I'm waiting for the speed records too !

Last edited:
Sweet! Watched it on the wife's laptop in the kitchen, while finishing/eating lunch. Broke altitude, speed, and highest balloon records! That was awesome!

I love his last words on the step outside the capsule. "I'm goin' home."

Redbull Stratos Pre-Jump Pic.jpg

croped and formated online sourced pic

Mr. Michel Fournier would seem a bit jealous with profesionalism, well he's old enough to say for what he feels, and not feel for what he says, the cantakerous ol' git.

'Going Home' (to Terra Firma) is apt I suppose, (what really would you say when the worlds watching) even if horror of horrors his chutes failed, but at least it wasnt overtly corporate like...

'Anyone for a pint..' '...Of Redbull?'
'I hope I don't need wings' (Redbull fatalistic joke)
'I've got Redballs, have you?!' (pun about low psi induced swelling and fitting those giant cahones into that suit)

'I can't see my house from up here!' or
'Damn, if only I had a zipper, I could have the Worlds highest peeing record too'
80105552.jpg

un-edited online pic.

EIG; the topic title's off by roughly 9,000ft...

Last edited:
Great! Took some time to beat the record, but very well done. Sort of thing I would have liked to do years ago - if I'd had the backing!

Well, i don't know how measurement where done for sure.
Gps, alphano, i donnot know...
But, there was a measurement and what looks as a real control room, even if "low" budgeted.
see pictures and listen to Felix's breathing between 728 and 729 mph.
I keep it on record, but still on .mts, bit heavy.
Asking questions is always good my friend, and frames kept will tell the story i guess.
Anyhow, Felix jumped !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back