Junkers JU-86D1 Italaerei 1/72

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

T Bolt

Colonel
Mar 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
This was an old kit I found on the used shelf at the Hobby shop. The JU 86 was a bomber that I hadn't even known existed until I bought the Model. Believe it or not it had Diesel engines!
The kit went together well and my only complaint was that the panel lines were raised so I couldn't use a wash to highlight them. The camo was a lot of fun to do. I enjoy masking. I know it's a sickness and I intend to seek help.
Italaerei made the JU86 as the airliner version also and if I ever see it somewhere I might have to get it to put it next to my Lufthansa Ju-52.

italeri-114.jpg
Ju-86.jpg
ju86-1.jpg
junkers-ju-86-04.jpg
P5222038.JPG
P5222039.JPG
P5222040.JPG
P5222041.JPG
P5222042.JPG
P5222043.JPG
P5222047.JPG
P5222048.JPG
P5222049.JPG

Last edited:
Agreed, that looks lovely Glenn. I've a couple of these to build myself, there's a radial engined version too and a civilian airliner, both marketed by Italeri. Nice job on the splinter camo.

Thanks every one.

Kgambit: I know, my wive tells me I'm incurable too

Jan: Here's a picture I found on it net of a JU-86 that's in Swedish Air Force Museum, Linkoping, which I'm sure you've been to.

Attachments

• junkers-ju-86.jpg
    junkers-ju-86.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 219
Very nice model. The camo seems to really set it off. I just did the airliner. How did the canopy fit on the bomber ? I want to do that next.
Ed

I had to do a lot of blending in on the canopy Ed as the fit wasn't great. I used thick superglue as a filler with accelerator and hit it right away with a needle file and fine sand paper before it hardened too much.. If you do this make sure you dip it in Future first so the superglue doesn't fog the canopy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back