Just out of curiosity........

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

jester63

Airman
Nov 19, 2010
Three Rivers, MI
Not sure if this is where to post this at, but I could find any other place.

This may be a very, VERY stupid question :oops:, but I was just curious if any of you great modelers here on this forum have ever made, or wanted to make a kit custom to what you would want yours to look like if it was your own personal aircraft? I have recently gotten a program to make my own decals, and I just thought maybe it would be fun to make a custom kit, and became curious as to if anyone else had thought about doing it? Maybe you have a Squadron color scheme that you really like, or something like that and just thought about making a kit with that scheme, but personalized it with your own nose art or markings? I know most of the time us modelers strive for historical accuracy in markings, just thought maybe someone did one of there own.

Jester63

I need custom Japanese Markings (the 64th sentai Eagle) logo but I can't make decals to save my life :(

Thats about the most custom marking I need or want lol :D I've made almost all the P-40s that have been captured by Japan, but I can't make the ones with the eagle on the tail because no one makes the decals
in 1/48 for it.

Nice, Viking! Black and red, my favorite! I bet that looked awesome when finished! Got any photos of it?

Hey, Rogi, do you have any photos of what the 64th sentai Eagle looks like? I might be able to make one on my program!

http://www.j-aircraft.com/captured/capturedby/f2abuffalo/brewsterbuf_tacikawa.jpg

its the one on this Buffalo, I think its here:

http://www.j-aircraft.com/captured/tachikawa_insignia-2.gif

Its taken from the J-aircraft site, I want to do a collection of a entire "captured" Japan series, its something I kinda am crazy about atm :S that and Yugoslavian planes :D
The Japanese also captured a couple Hurricanes and again more issues with the logos :D anyway just let me know if it looks doable and ill pm you more info. :S

Did plan to do a Star Wars Speeder bike up in RNZAF ground equipment colours and markings... :)

May have some projects for you too in future if you don't mind mate, let me know what you'd want for sets of customised decals.

Hey, Rogi, ill see what I can do with that decal. I am somewhat limited to what I can make, but I will certainly try to get you guys what you need! What are you looking for exactly A4K? If you guys can get me some photos or some designs of what you want let me know. I can do lettering and numbers too in all kinds of sizes and fonts. What size kits are you building?

I build 1:72 myself, and if poss would be after various Luftwaffe letters and unit markings and correct diameter RNZAF pacific roundels. Most companies seem to think Blue/ White/ Blue rings with a band is enough, not realising that the size and proportions varied between the aircraft types...

Well, I can make them any size, its just getting them the exact size that might be hard. I don't know if there is a way that you can get me measurements of the correct sizes or not, but I can always print them out on paper and check the size until I get it right. Again you guys will have to send me some samples of what your needing, so I can see what I can do. Let me know guys.

Sounds good, but remember that the printing is the limiting factor. Unless you go to screen or litho printing, or have an ALPS printer, then white can not be printed (on clear decal sheet) and pale colours lack density, making them disappear when used, or change colour depending on background applied to. For example, Medium Sea Grey code letters will appear almost black. Printing on white decal sheet is not too bad, but again density can suffer, and of course close trimming may be required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back