Just sayin'... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Some famous last words:

'I knew I should never have switched from Scotch to Martinis' - Humphrey Bogart

'These curtains are driving me mad. One of us has to go' - Oscar Wilde

'I'm just so bored with it all' - Winston Churchill

'Apres moi le deluge' ('After me the deluge') - King Louis XV

'They couldn't hit a bull at this dist...' - Union General John Sedgewick

I'm the kind of person that enjoys burnt popcorn, old mittens and the occational (deleted), Who doesn't?
I just noticed that our "representitives" in Washington have made it againt the law to (deleted)!
This is intolerable, as they have been (deleted) the American people for many years now!
I think we should (deleted) them as soon and as fast as possible.
Thank You, and (deleted) night!
Just sayin'

Humor is a method of dealing with the terrible. Really look at "jokes" they all involve pain/death mental or physical:
Kenneth Pinyan an Enumclaw, Seattle WA. man, died of acute peritonitis after submitting to anal intercourse with a stallion. The man had done this before, though apparently this time his partner was a little too keen, and he delayed for several hours to visit hospital wishing to avoid official cognisance. The case may lead to the criminalization of bestiality in Washington. (2005)
Jack Daniel, founder of the famous Tennessee whiskey distillery, died of blood poisoning due to a toe injury he received after kicking his safe in anger when he could not remember its combination code. (1911)
Jerome Irving Rodale, an American pioneer of organic farming, died of a heart attack while being interviewed on the Dick Cavett Show. When he appeared to fall asleep, Cavett quipped "Are we boring you, Mr. Rodale?". The show was never broadcast. (1971)
American environmentalist Timothy Treadwell, self-proclaimed "eco-warrior" that had lived in the wilderness among bears for thirteen summers in a remote portion of Alaska, was killed and partially consumed along with his girlfriend Amie Huguenard after they had been slated to leave due to the impending harsh fall/winter in Alaska. The critically-acclaimed documentary film Grizzly Man, directed by Werner Herzog, was released in 2005. (2003)
Just sayin

Last edited:
30 Strangest Deaths in History

Danish nobleman and astronomer Tycho Brahe [wiki] was one interesting fellow. He kept a dwarf as a court jester who sat under the table during dinner. He even had a tame pet moose. Tycho also lost the tip of his nose in a duel with another Danish nobleman and had to wear a "dummy" nose made from silver and gold, but that's another story. It was said that Tycho had to hold his pee during one particularly long banquet in 1601 (getting up in the middle of a dinner was considered really rude) that his bladder, strained to its limits, developed an infection which later killed him! Later analyses suggested that Tycho died because of mercury poisoning but that's not nearly as interesting as the original story.

After the Civil War, controversial Ohio politician Clement Vallandigham [wiki] became a highly successful lawyer who rarely lost a case. In 1871, he defended Thomas McGehan who was accused of shooting one Tom Myers during a barroom brawl. Vallandigham's defense was that Myers had accidentally shot himself while drawing his pistol from a kneeling position. To convince the jury, Vallandigham decided to demonstrate his theory. Unfortunately, he grabbed a loaded gun by mistake and ended up shooting himself! By dying, Vallandigham succeeded in demonstrating the plausibility of the accidental shooting and got his client acquitted.

Good ones guys! :)

Speaking of Mercury: They suspected David Bowie had a potentially life threatening disease for a while - they found large doses of Mercury in him....

:lol:

As the saying goes: If you gathered all the politicians, bankers and lawyers together and dropped them into the middle of the ocean, noone would miss them...

Njaco, the Tycho story was true, but he was in a carriage accident on his way home from the banquet. The impact, though minor, was enough to burst his overfull bladder

You guys ever see the "1000 ways to die" t.v. show? My favorite was the Japanese couple that were so shy that when they finally got around to consumating their relationship, they both had heart-attacks. The show ranked it as #1 way to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back