jv44 - Galands Flying Circus by Robert Forsyth

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Andy Simmons

Recruit
Feb 16, 2008
i need some information on jv44 for a book - please pm me if you have this book or any records of jv44.

Andy

You, will be paying through the nose for a copy of the book.
Theres the 'Doras of the Galland circus' book which again is quite hard to find,
although it is only on the protection staffel and its info and profiles are dated now.

Luckly, Forsyth is doing a JV44 for Ospreys elite units series which I heard was due in May/June.

thanks for the reply. yes i know the book is pricey but i was hoping that someone who has the book might be able to answer a few questions for me which I think the book might be able to answer. Please PM me if you have the book and wouldnt mind looking up a few things for me.

many thanks
Andy

indeed, you want to know about he Me 262 unit or the Würger staffel ?

for the D-9's look up eagle-editions volume on the Doras or his future Volume 2 coming soon, forget Osprey altogether

hello everyone and many thanks for the replies and for the pm Lucky13. I cant afford the book at the moment but I was hoping there might be some information in there about operational command of the me262s in the latter stages of the war.

Lucky13 was able to quote me from the Galands Flying Circus …

Can anyone provide any further details of when Kammlers name is given as having direct involvement in the jet program.

Many thanks
Andy

Crandall's book on the D-9 is nothing short of amazing. I can't wait till Volume II is released as it is going to have a lot of info on the other Dora's as well as paint chips.

My book isn't the signed one, but I was able to send it back to Crandall and at least get him to sign the book for me. Jerry and his wife run a great little shop.

I've known the Crandalls before 1990. yes the 1st volume is sharp the second will be more technical with a little more info on the JV 44 birds including something on the MIA 5th Dora found in 2 pics and shown from a distance in his softback book on the Würger Staffel down some years ago. Also more on camo but all this is info listed on their website which needs to be sought out.

there will be more interesting titles too in the near future to make your backside hair stand on end !

Andy have you thought of working backwards from the Me 262 which was captured intact and learning it's story ?

I know an expert in the Me-262 who could likely help you about JV44. Not an area where I am so well informed.

I would like to correspond with you offline about the Junkers truck.

Please would you email me sy.gunson (discard: AT) gmail (DOT) com ?

Hello,

This is my first post on this forum. I need you help.

I'm desperately searching for aerial pics (or other overall views) of Munich-Reim airport. I need this for my research on JV 44, which was based at Reim with Me 262s and Fw 190Ds.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Holatko71

wait this year for Eagle Editions volume 2 on the Dora. Würger staffel will be covered with air shots of M-R. no doubt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back