Kicking off Independence day right.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. Dan, try this one on for size. The shot isn't too terribly hard to get if you are patient and wait for the sun to be just in the right spot. Of course, you need to be up at the right time of day for it to work, and you have a limited time to get it. I tried this one in sepia, but liked it better in color.

Attachments

• DSC_5586_1024x768.jpg
    DSC_5586_1024x768.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 69
Thanks guys.

Chris, they do the Independence Day festivities in Moorpark on July 3rd. I don't know why, just the way they have always done it. Works great for me so I can do the flyby, see the fireworks and still have a bbq on the fourth.

This flight did cost me my sunglasses though. I should have known better, especially by now to take them off beforehand. I stuck my head out the side and off they went. I almost lost my hat too, but grabbed it and stuck it under me. Oh well. I think the photos were worth it. ;)

Roman, I don't know Phil Makana in person, but know his work. He and John Dibbs are both fabulous photographers. I think Phil Makana is a member of ISAP, which I am going to be joining in the near future. I may be able to meet him at one of the ISAP meets one day. ISAP=International Society of Aviation Photographers, BTW.

I have been very fortunate to "network" with the right people to get these opportunities. It's even more fortunate that the guys I have flown with have all been absolute pros, taking me up for these memorable flights and returning me back to earth safely. It's been a dream come true for me.

More shots to come.

Aha, the reason why I asked you is he brought me to Jimmy Brooks, former P-51D ''February'' pilot from 31st FG. He achieved 4 kills over my country. I was looking for his address for more than 2 years with no effect. When I was on visit at Joe (guy from my siggy) in NJ in 2006 he gave me a 2006 Ghosts calendar. By chance there was replica of February on the first page (2006 Calendar) and it was like a lightning from the clear sky for me! So I got in touch with Filip Makana, he got me in touch with Chris Woods, the owner of this beautiful replica and friend of Jimmy Brooks and then I could finally send a letter to Jimmy:)
Almost hard to believe:shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back