Kicking off Independence day right.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

evangilder

"Shooter"
Sep 17, 2004
Moorpark, CA
www.vg-photo.com
I am exhauster beyond belief after all day of work, then flying and shooting, then fireworks with my boy. Tired, but content. I did a few quick edits from today for your viewing pleasure.

Happy Independence Day to all my American friends. Everyone else, just enjoy some pictures. :)

I'm off to get some shut eye. I will have more shots later this weekend.

Attachments

• DSC_5782.jpg
    DSC_5782.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 213
  • DSC_5815.jpg
    DSC_5815.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 208
  • DSC_5845.jpg
    DSC_5845.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 189
  • DSC_5925.jpg
    DSC_5925.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 217
  • DSC_6107.jpg
    DSC_6107.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 189
Thanks guys.

Chris, they do the Independence Day festivities in Moorpark on July 3rd. I don't know why, just the way they have always done it. Works great for me so I can do the flyby, see the fireworks and still have a bbq on the fourth.

This flight did cost me my sunglasses though. I should have known better, especially by now to take them off beforehand. I stuck my head out the side and off they went. I almost lost my hat too, but grabbed it and stuck it under me. Oh well. I think the photos were worth it. ;)

Roman, I don't know Phil Makana in person, but know his work. He and John Dibbs are both fabulous photographers. I think Phil Makana is a member of ISAP, which I am going to be joining in the near future. I may be able to meet him at one of the ISAP meets one day. ISAP=International Society of Aviation Photographers, BTW.

I have been very fortunate to "network" with the right people to get these opportunities. It's even more fortunate that the guys I have flown with have all been absolute pros, taking me up for these memorable flights and returning me back to earth safely. It's been a dream come true for me.

More shots to come.

Thanks guys. The shot with the sun in it was something I was trying for this year. I got one last year by accident and ended up liking the way it looked, so I had several shots like that one. Here are some more.

Attachments

• DSC_5970.jpg
    DSC_5970.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 181
  • DSC_5960.jpg
    DSC_5960.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 228
  • DSC_5958.jpg
    DSC_5958.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 178
  • DSC_5865.jpg
    DSC_5865.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 177
  • DSC_5678.jpg
    DSC_5678.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 185
Parts of our flight had the nice backdrop, but there is a lot of smoke out there from the fires in Goleta right now. Going out over Fillmore, you could smell it clearly in the cockpit and it was pretty smoky. Fortunately it was pretty clear over Moorpark. That's part of the reason I converted a couple into sepia, it hides the grey/brown hues of the smoke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back