Kids programs of today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have a 5 and 6 year old and I enjoy watching the following with them:

Scooby Doo (The new ones have better animation and story that runs through all the episodes. Much better that the old ones in my opinon.)
The Regular Show (Love Mordici, Rigby, Skips, Margret and Pops)
Teen Titans (This is a reboot of the previous Teen Titans that went off the air a few years back. It's funnier and the stories are lighter to apeal to an even younger audience then the first one. Good, but different than the first offering.)
My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic (Not even gonna go there...I just can't explain it)
Incredible Crew (SNL for kiddies, with no musical guest or stars)

The Jetsons
The Flintstones
Thundaar
Flash Gordon
The Little Rascals
Big Blue Marble
The Hudson Brothers Show
Kroft's Supershow
Land of the Lost

I can go on forever.....

Let's not forget about the old prime time television shows we all used to watch:

All in the Family
The Jefferson
Little House on the Prairie
The Waltons
Sanford Son
Chico and the Man
Love Boat
Fantasy Island
Starsky Hutch
Baretta
SWAT
The Rookies
Happy Days. Laverne Shirley, Three's Company
Wild kingdom
Wonderful World of Disney
Rhoda
Mary Tyler Moore
Newhart
I Love Lucy

Let's not forget about the old prime time television shows we all used to watch:

All in the Family - bleh
The Jefferson - bleh
Little House on the Prairie
The Waltons
Sanford Son - could go either way
Chico and the Man - bleh
Love Boat - bleh
Fantasy Island - bleh
Starsky Hutch
Baretta
SWAT
The Rookies
Happy Days - only early episodes apply
Laverne Shirley - bleh
Three's Company - bleh
Wild kingdom - definately worth watching
Wonderful World of Disney - definately worth watching
Rhoda - bleh
Mary Tyler Moore - bleh
Newhart - bleh
I Love Lucy
Most of those should be forgotten...they were terrible shows...

I could say the same for M*A*S*H, the early episodes were excellent but the latter half of the series became out of character when Alan Alda took over much like Henry Winkler did to Happy Days in the latter half of that series.

I quite like the children's programmes which can be taken on two levels, one shall we say adult. Things like "The Magic Roundabout" (Dylan the rabbit?) and "Teletubbies" (what was that toast about?) definitely fall into this category.
Cheers
Steve

my impression of Teletubbies was something like "programming"...they did some really weird things, like respond to the public address system and other odd things

No sir, don't like it...

little rascals (as mentioned above), spanky and our gang, the three stooges ( still a favorite of mine )..all too violent and WAY politically incorrect.....so the newer peaceful kids shows have made for a more peaceful world huh?

Little Rascals great episodes but Alfalfa was (behind the scenes) a terrible nasty little Jerk who finally got knifed in a dispute over $50.
Ren and Stimpy sorry terrible stuff. TeleTubs yup with Dave, creepy. Always thought Scooby was dumb though could relate to BIG Dog syndrome
My Little Pony ah yes my youngest daughter thought she was a pony along with Rainbow Bright may they pass quietly into that good night
Space Ghost was ultra-cool, George was (watch out for that tree) dumb but funny. Rocky and Bullwinkle were cool and funny and the way-back machine neato
Bennie and Cecil had not thought of them in YEARS. Woody got obnoxious after a while made me long for a 12ga
So still nothing like the CLASSICS

H.R. Puffnstuff kind of annoyed me but not as bad as Lidsville.

I suppose I was a diehard cartoon fan and didn't like the shows with the over-sized "stuffed" characters. However, this excludes Thunderbirds, because claymation isn't over-sized stuffed animals and quite simply, Thunderbirds were badass (my fav was #5).

I always enjoyed the "lil rascals", both the later shows and the early ones (Our Gang). Three stooges were a favorite, along with the Marx Brothers, Laurel Hardy and Abbot and Costello.

As far as favorite Saturday morning cartoons, I always made sure to catch the latest episodes of Gigantor, Mighty Mightor, Johnny Quest, Marine Boy. Usually after school, we could catch new episodes of Speed Racer and Kimba the White Lion...

As the 70's rolled around, the only good Saturday morning cartoons were classic Bugs Bunny Roadrunner along with Scooby-Doo. I lost interest in the rest...

I also remember a lot of Japanese Kids shows were coming over when I was young. Star Blazers, Ultraman, and some show that had 3 robots that I kid would blow a special whistle to make them come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back