Kids programs of today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Not having any kids (that I know of! :lol:), I was wondering what you lads think of today's....offerings.
I grew up with Hannah/Barbera's Tom Jerry and the likes, old classic Donald Duck etc., etc...
Never to old those, right....right?

Btw, was thinking more short ones here, not the movies....

Got to love, Crazy over Daisy!
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xj_DO0NMCc

Toy Tinkers!
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miEi3F8s8H8

Out of Scale!
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH7vb71oy_M

Donald's Snow Fight!
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k3e5b6KcF8

Jan todays "so called" cartoons are not and are horrible to the extreem. Says-me street was bad enough then came that moronic purple dino.
Look at the latest offering "Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs II" as if the first one wasn't bad enough. I am SOOO thankful that I don't have to take any kids to see that cr*p and be forced to sit through it myself

Give me good old Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Foghorn Leghorn, Wile E. Coyote/Roadrunner cartoons over todays cartoons any day. Although I will admit that every once in a while I would watch Spongebob Squarepants with my nephew and get a chuckle out if it.
I watched all those "violence" loaded cartoons when I was a little turd and I turned out OK. Well, kinda OK.

Some of the kid's programs are downright creepy...Teletubbies always had me wondering what the heck was up with the voice over the loudspeaker...

I relly enjoyed Saturday morning cartoons when I was a kid, but even then, the quality started declining. Years later, shows like transformers and robotech slightly restored my hope.

There are a couple that I enjoy watching with my kids, Phineas and Ferb is pretty good. Adventure Time (odd but funny) and The Regular Show are good for a couple of laughs as well.

What's wrong with Sponge Bob Square Pants and Thomas the Train. You cynical pricks are the epitome of old men. Phhht! Grow up... err I mean younger.

What's wrong with Sponge Bob Square Pants and Thomas the Train. You cynical pricks are the epitome of old men. Phhht! Grow up... err I mean younger.

What the h*ll Matt, someone put your diapers on too tight? Why talk rubbish, swine-jowled, snub-nosed, crooked oaf that you are- a real peasant! Why don't cheer yourself up, why a double post or two... :lol:

Matt double shame on you, promoting a character who in "Nasty Patty," helped Mr. Krabs create a tainted patty to "kill" the health inspector. They both thought the health inspector was a fake one and put the nastiest things on the patty.
In Christmas Who? he cuts down Squidward's tree (which is actually illegal), and puts up decorations on Squidward's house even though Squidward said not to.
In "Rodeo Daze," He kidnapped people, who wouldn't help him, to help him save Sandy from a rodeo. Kidnapping is also illegal
In Pressure, him, along with Patrick, Krabs, and Squidward made fun of Sandy when she couldn't do things they could because she was a land creature

Hey, I said that every once and a while I'd watch Spongebob with the nephew and get a good chuckle. The one that comes to mind is with the Sea Bear. I just prefer the "classics".

I liked Johny Bravo :)
There are still a lot of good childrens programms, I know, I have two kids. But there are so many now, that of course a lot of them are crap. They just can't be all good. So the task of the parent nowadays is to shift the good from the bad and presentcuhem to the kids.

i wish you a harry chestwig...and dont whiz on the electric fense! i loved ren and stimpy...now my wife was no too amused though...women go figure.

i loved beenie and cecil....snaggle tooth....top cat...tennessee tuxedo..underdog....rocky and bullwinkle ( with fractured fairytales and mr peabody and the wayback machine )...woody woodpecker and the host of regulars...tom and jerry, looney tunes, etc. they try to put too much of a moral twist and be politically correct and it makes cartoons...$#!T.

Tom Slick , George of the Jungle and Super Chicken, although I am not sure what age group they were really aimed at. I mean an Evil Villain who was a demented Dentist from Illinois called Dr. Chicago just two years after the Movie Doctor Zhivago won 5 Academy awards?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back