Killer chooses firing squad

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If done in the correct manner the Firing Squad is one of the most painless executions available as bullets travel extremely fast, meaning the person would more than likely be dead before they knew what was happening.

Much less painful the hanging or getting fried.

Looking at the technicalities, the shot is to the heart, if done correctly unconsciousness should be within seconds, but I guess the worry is if the heart is just missed, that could leave the recipient in major agony for quite some time. I've read that the electric chair produces unconsciousness in a fraction of a second, and lethal injection puts you to sleep before the fatal dose is administered but both have gone badly wrong before.

Looking at the technicalities, the shot is to the heart, if done correctly unconsciousness should be within seconds, but I guess the worry is if the heart is just missed, that could leave the recipient in major agony for quite some time. I've read that the electric chair produces unconsciousness in a fraction of a second, and lethal injection puts you to sleep before the fatal dose is administered but both have gone badly wrong before.
Sounds like the French
might have actually had it right with Madam Guillotine...

...oh the article mentioned that the rifle caliber was .30 (no specificity). They put a small round target over the goblins heart to help with aim. They hooded him. Article mentioned that after the shots were fired witness could see blood pooling under the shirt at the waist. The goblin's left arm aparently twitched twice and the fist clenched loosely once.

Matt Winchester 1894 30-30 I would guess

Four of the .30 calibre Winchester rifles were loaded with live bullets but a fifth carried a blank, so that none of the men would have known with certainty that he had shot a lethal round.

Gardner was asked if he had any final words and said: "I do not. No."

He was hooded and strapped to a black metal chair, with a white target pinned to his chest.

Gardner was then shot at a range of 25ft (7.6m).

Utah department of corrections director Thomas Patterson said there was a countdown from five, with the volunteers beginning to fire at two.

But Marcos Ortiz, of the KTVX TV station, said: "It was so sudden, so quick. Boom, boom, just like that. We didn't get a countdown. It happened so quickly."

Firing squad executes US killer - Top stories - News all over the world 24 hours a day! Breaking news, hot news, opinions, articles, international resources - GlobeNews24.com

Last edited:

Isn't the electric chair a really painful method of execution. I'm not saying I'm opposed to capital punishment but that method does seem somewhat cruel and uncivilised

I would think the electric chair wouldn't be that bad. I got zapped by 80,000 volts years ago. It threw me 8 feet and the only thing that hurt were my burned hangs from the entry and exit points of the electricity. But when it hit me and threw me, I didn't feel anything really.

It aint the volts that gets ya. Shuffling your feet on the carpet and touching a door knob can easily generate 7-10kV.

What in the hell were you working with 80kV?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back