Kinetic 1/32 F-86 Sabre-Finished

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

javlin

2nd Lieutenant
Nov 20, 2007
MS
I started this project some time back and lost interest but it has arrived back on the bench with Avionix AM for the pit.I am going to do zero with the engine interest me none at all.Nothing is glued ATM but will be shortly.
default_wink.png

Attachments

• F-86 001.JPG
    F-86 001.JPG
    286.3 KB · Views: 47
  • F-86 002.JPG
    F-86 002.JPG
    281.2 KB · Views: 43
  • F-86 003.JPG
    F-86 003.JPG
    282.8 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Nice! I don't usually do jets but a 1/48 Sabre is one that's on my to-do list. I'll be watching your progress with interest. :thumbright:
That's me usually also but I did my Son's plane he was crew-chief to in Miaswa Japan with the 35th FW it was an F-16 Tamy kit.I made up the decals for the numbers on the plane his name on the R/side of the canopy lid but ugh I made the pilot ME :D I like to do up a Hun in 1/48 or 1/32 that's a slick bird. ;)

The wing is not glued in or is the tail section alittle more paint and the wing roots not to bad.

Terry is that the one with the gold finish?

Attachments

• F-86 004.JPG
    F-86 004.JPG
    280.7 KB · Views: 30
  • F-86 005.JPG
    F-86 005.JPG
    271.3 KB · Views: 36
Well after eight days straight of work then yesterday the Wife had knee surgery 9th day I finally got some time at the table.The fuse is glued up no open panels and it's less work.The two halves of the fuse have an ever so slight step from the wing root(WR) up maybe 1" no biggee .The wing is still not glued in place but the worst seam is the side you see now at the WR area I am thinking putty wipe with an alcohol swap and an 800grit scotch brite that is getting some wear.I have got to afix the front and rear parts of the pit research more on colors though.This one is going together easy peasy.
default_wink.png

Attachments

• F-86 001.JPG
    F-86 001.JPG
    265.4 KB · Views: 29
Thanks Guys it will probably be another week before any real results my job/boss is being some what a JA in a 17 day stretch I will have to worked 15 of them and one of the days off was the Wife's full knee replacement from 4am to 2pm.Till later keep modeling for me. :headbang:

Not to cry in my soup but damn I have been busy as you know what lately.I got some work done the other night and started painting last night Alclad Primer,Alclad Gloss Black then some Airframe Silver wanted a slight shine on this one.I put some Beethoven #5 on the turn table started spraying some more and fook me
default_hsmack.gif
I did not say one cuss word started cleaning the airbrush and try again tomorrow scotch(and a scotch now) brite and repaint that area and I saw another area I did not like so maybe theirs a reason?
default_wink.png

Attachments

• F-86 002.JPG
    F-86 002.JPG
    661.8 KB · Views: 32
This is were she sits ATTM I am on the fence the AirFrame Silver looks splotchy to my eyes and trust me I have laid several more coats with the same results it's how the light hits it.I have started doing some panels in the last week just playing around using a pointed Yamiya q-tip and buffing(SNJ) with a regular one no need to tape off in this case very close in color to the AF silver I think it lends itself for the most part better lighting on the R-side of the a/c.I am almost tempted to buff the whole plane?
default_wink.png

Attachments

• F-86 001.JPG
    F-86 001.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 34
  • F-86 002.JPG
    F-86 002.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 33

Users who are viewing this thread

Back