Kruzin Kustoms

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Gotta love it when you're on the road, spot a sweet rod and have the camera handy...

You grab the shot and it's like a personal victory, unlike when you're walking around a parking lot full of rods and can take your time getting that "perfect" shot.

On the other hand, there's the shots that didn't make it, because the autofocus locked on something else or you hit a bump or the cell's camera has a lag between the "release" and capture...

Here's a couple examples of "what could have been"... :lol:

Top photo, the camera focused on something well beyond the Tudor.
Bottom photo, the cell took too long to capture the Studebaker as I was passing it on the freeway.

Attachments

• IMGP11728[800x532].jpg
    IMGP11728[800x532].jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 141
  • 0922100944[800x566].jpg
    0922100944[800x566].jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 137
Had a brief break in the weather here and out they came!

Saw this rod at the light and I barely had time to get the camera out before the light changed...as luck would have it, I put the camera down just as a Studebaker went by, so I completely missed that one...anyway, sorry for the crappy quality of the shot, guys :(

Attachments

• IMGP14187[850x565].jpg
    IMGP14187[850x565].jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 127
I was in the shop last Friday and heard a REAL familiar sound. Stepped outside to have a look, and guess what pulled up into the parking lot next door...

Just happened to have my camera handy :thumbleft:

Attachments

• IMGP15305[950x632].jpg
    IMGP15305[950x632].jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 111
I found this gem online. Definitely out of the ordinary, but thought it was a cool use of the car!

Attachments

• prostreet-volvo-1-640x481.jpg
    prostreet-volvo-1-640x481.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 125
:shock: Did you see the exhaust tube hung out behind the rear tire? I'll bet she's sport'in a big block.:)
SB or BB, it's ridiculous...

There is a cage in there, too. Seems to me like they could have spent that time, money effort on something with a little more class like a '56 Studebaker, a '40 Ford, a '36 Chevy...well, you get the idea...lmao

What ever floats there boat Dave.:lol: I have seen a 427 Big Block Chevy in a Nash Metropolitan with a turbo 400 and a narrowed 9" Ford rearend. The motor was almost stock and the car ran 10:20s alllllllllllllll daaaaaaaaayyyyyyy loooooooonnnnnnng!:lol:

Well, yeah...a Nash Metropolitan is cool...but a Volvo? :lol:

By the way, I had a friend who shoe-horned a L-79 into a Morris Minor years ago...that thing was disturbingly attractive...almost looked like a '40 Plymouth in miniature...

And that dang thing would absolutely fry the pavement...

I know, it's still a Volvo.:evil4: Back where I grew up there use to be a 74' Super Beetle with a Big Block Chevy with a 8-71 blower that ran at the drag strip. If I remember corrctly the car ran a best of 9:43 at over 140 mph. The motor was in the front.:)

Sweet!

We did that too, back in the 80's with a '67 bug. Stuffed a 283 up front with a powerglide tranny and a 'vette rearend. Used a trans tunnel out of a Buick Riviera and a rack pinion front end from a Mustang II. The bug was lowered (like a Cal-Bug that was popular at the time) and even had the radiator in the back with the decklid off-set for better cooling (again, like the current VW trends of the day). The electric water pump pushed the coolant to the rear by way of the lines routed through the old heater ducts and we did all that because there was just no room at all for a radiator up front (let alone a fan on the pump). We ran the alternator off an old-school bracket that mounted near the block's base with a single V-belt off the crank pulley. Also had a Rochester 2GC carb with a Niccson Engineering clamshell because it not only looked cool, but cleared the hood (barely)...

You had NO way of telling it was a V-8 unless you were up close while it was running (or spotted the two 2 1/2" peashooters in the back) or looked inside at the B&M shifter on the tunnel (that wasn't supposed to be there) otherwise, it appeared to be a "typical" Cal Bug :lol:

God, I miss those days...

I like the use of the car. Would I buy it or build it? No. But I like out of the ordinary stuff. How much different can you build a 69 Camaro that hasn't all ready been done? No matter what color you paint it, or what motor you install in it, it has all ready been done thousands of times. Trust me, this car will catch more attention (good or bad) as a car show than a Camaro, Mustang, Mopar sitting next to it. People have never seen anything like this and will have to look at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back