Lancaster Carburettor

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ok, I have been set a challenge- to name all the parts of a carburettor :rolleyes: I think the challenge was set for a bike or car carb. But as I love the 'Lancaster' I thought .... if your gonna name parts.... then choose something you love.
Now I need HELP.
I know a fair bit about the Lancaster ... well for a girl.....(I can't believe I just said that), such as I know that they had four Merlin Engines, I know that by carefully shaping the fairing round the lower edge of the dorsal turret improved the air flow and gave an increase in internal fual capacity. And other such stuff.... but finding out about any type of carburettor used in the Lancaster ( or the Manchester come to that)...I need help with ??????? PLEASE anyone out there. :lol:
Thank you all, Crippen (Bev)

Lets see here...

The Lancaster was powered by 4x 1,640HP Rolls-Royce Merlin 24 engines. The Merlin 24 was sporting a SU AVT40 2 barrel updraught carburettor with automatic mixture and boost control.

Hope that helps, if you need any more info, just say so :D

wow a girl that likes the lancaster, it's like all my prayers have been answered, i would use a whole host of somewhat cheesey chat up lines on you only to be tradgicly rejected however i get the feeling you're out of my age bracket.................

Oh, so you were willing to be unfaithful to your girlfriend were you? You disgust me lanc.

Well in your favour, at least you had the sense to not give me her address, otherwise all this stuff would be going straight to her :lol:

no, i got it, i was just trying to be clever.......................

and GrGs, i don't see how a little shit like you has the right to call me stupid..................

Right I still need carburettor help.
Now Crazy told me that the Lancaster had the following Engine and Carburettor.....
4x1,640HP Rolls Royce Merlin 24 Engine. with SU AVT40 2 barrel updraught carburettor with automatic mixture and boost contral.
Now I have been on the Merlin 24 Engines site and they list the Carb as being a Bendix- Stromberg injection ( with no float chamber... less chance of cutting out.... clever hey). Anywaysup!
I can't find listed parts and I need listed parts, if I am to learn the parts of the Carburettor used in a Lancaster.
Anyone enthusted enough to help me!!!????? she says begging and groveling ;) PLEASE!
Thanks. Crippen ( Bev)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back