Lancaster Carburettor

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Erich said:
evang

tell your folks to dig out, hopeful a snow shovel is handy ? but not too much as it is a good way for a heartattack. heard that Mammoth was getting upwards 9 feet of new in 10 days

Yes they got a big dumping of snow up there. They invested in a snowblower this year (great investment!) so they are okay. How are you gusy fairing up there?

great winter in some years here as far as I am concerned. I use to be a mountain guide for many years towards Mount Hood and even on Mt. Shasta so I am wild about the snow. We have had a good dump on the hills, and it is somewhat clear and 38F so the snow will not melt soon. We are behind in the water year though

keep your heads up down there. Just got word from And English freind they expect 100 mph winds on the morrow and he sent me a very small pic of the boyz autos at the pub, only the hind end above water....

surprise, surprise, 2005 looks crazy

This probably isn't the right place, but I was looking into KG200, as I am currently researching captured allied aircraft used by the Luftwaffe. I see there is a recent book out about KG200 written by Geoffrey Thomas. Do you know if it is any good? I currenly have Stapfer's book "Strangers in a strange land" which is okay, but I have had to verify some facts as some of them do not seem completely correct.

Any other good references for KG200? I know that it was and still is quite a well kept secret.

Thanks!

I beleive that Peter Stahl produced a book on the unit years ago. heard the Hikoki Kg 200 was not worth getting but it does seem to be the only oen in print at the moment.............your call. KG 200 ws such a stealth unit that very little has been written on it and there are reasons behind that and unfortunately I cannot go into details as I have a friend that served in the unit, still living and he has sworn me to secrecy till his death

Thanks, I know there is still alot of secrecy surrounding KG200. Some of the pilots that flew for the unit wrote biographies that never mentioned KG200 at all. I know there is alot more to the unit than the flying of captured aircraft and that is what I find interesting. I am interested in the technologies they were testing and some other parts of it. If there is anything that you can share, but wish to keep more private, send me a PM. If not, I will keep digging. Thanks for the input. I will look for the books you mentioned. I will check out the Thomas book and let you know if it looks good.

Friend it isn't the technology that I have to keep hush about, it is the form of missions that some of the pilots and crews were involved in......

well we do know a bit about the Mistel adventures the unit performed and the dropping of secret agents and personell behind enemy lines as well as agent/personell pick-ups. controlled stealth communications involving serveral different types of twin engine a/c and the useage in the high altitude roles. Jamming and receiving during day and night fighter missions. Testing of new electronics by the Geschwader as well as KG 100, but not as many bombing ops as KG 100

I was aware of the agent/personnel drops, sometimes using captured B-17s and some of the electronics testing. I don't know much about the Mistel mission, very little actually, but I am learning! Looks like I hav more to look into! Thanks!

:D hee, hee, actually several missions with captured a/c. quite a surprise I must say to the locals ...........

gotta run now guys/gals

GermansRGeniuses said:
Medvedya said:
Wir wissen nichts über Ihren dummen Lancasters hier! gehen Sie weg!

I didn't pay attention to this one before... Here's what I think...

We don't know about stupid Lancasters here! Go away!

Is that correct?

Evan...... don't you feel the need to speak to me :(
I am beginning to get a complex.... yet I will fight against it. coz I am lovely....maybe you just don't realize it fully, yet :confused:
Med put loving words above :(
Jim promised to talk to me off site about lancs carbs.... after one email he gave up :( and now
I had to re order my Lancaster manual....... :(
well for your information..... I don't give up easily.
So ! .... Med... in answer to you....'NO' I flippin won't go :evil: .
Jim... alot of use you were mate :rolleyes: .
Lancs Manual....... I feel you on the way to me now..... I can feel the force :) .
Lancs.... where are you when I need someone to stick up for me and the Lancaster...... for god sake Toy boy..... get with the programme :rolleyes: and to think I was going to let you borrow my manual.
:lol:

Time for me to say a big 'THANK YOU'. when I came on here I found the site through searching Google ( god bless Google). I hade been set many challenges by friends, one of which was to name the parts of a carburettor.
So! me being me and always one to NOT go for the easy option, I decided to learn the carb parts of a 'Lancaster Bomber Mk1 ( i love WW2 planes and adore the Lancs). I looked on line for the Carb in question and it proved really hard to find.
Hence me coming on here....... WEll ( I never tell a short story when I can tell a long one).... I got some good advice from people and eventually Med told me where I could get 'The Lancaster Mk1 Manual' from, at the price of £25.
Now to cut my 'epic' down some what, I sent off for the book in question ( had a couple of hitches trying to pay on line :rolleyes: ) and it eventually arrived and what can I say...... well worth the wait and the money..... it is FANTASTIC!!!! (cheers Med).
I have now learnt the parts of the Carburettor and can quote them at a drop of a hat ( not that many folk ask you to do it....but nontheless).
The manual itself is amazing and I am slowly but surely becoming a little wiz about the Lancs MK1, so if you need information...I'm ya girl!

For anyone who has a passion for the Spitefire V or the Hurricane 11 ( my next two favourite planes), They do manuals for both of these planes too.
To those who think it all a bit strange, for this lassy from Lancashire to have such a love, I quote you the opening lines in the manual : " One of the most famous bomber aircraft of all time"........ in my eyes- enough said.

And though I don't post much on the site these days , I just want to say 'Thank you' to members of this site, for not only finding my carb, but for in someway - partly fulfilling a childhood dream..... hey now I only have to build the bugger ;) :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:
Cheers Cripps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back