Lancaster Carburettor

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Crippen said:
Medvedya said:
I don't think you can google-whack this one - its a really technical question. Here is a link where you can buy the 'Haynes' manual of the Avro Lancaster so to speak.

http://www.greenhillbooks.com/booksheets/lancaster.html

The thing is, its £25. On the other hand you could just send an e-mail to the 'Battle of Britain Memorial Flight' They keep our only flying Lanc in the air, so its a safe bet they're the guys who'll know.

http://www.raf.mod.uk/bbmf/association.html

Well Med I just couldn't help myself, even though I have a fair few details on the Lancs Carb now, I just had to go and order the Lancs Mk1 manual ( naughty girl) you pointed me to above 8) .
I wanted to buy myself a Christmas pressie today, so I ordered that and I got a small tatoo on my bum :oops: , of an Owl. Now it is official, I am a 'Wise Arse' :lol: .

Too much information! :lol:

I should be buying a guitar after christmas.(I already have all my presents - no money at the moment). I thought I was off to buy one today but I got a much better surprise 8)

Crippen said:
Well Med I just couldn't help myself, even though I have a fair few details on the Lancs Carb now, I just had to go and order the Lancs Mk1 manual ( naughty girl) you pointed me to above 8) .
I wanted to buy myself a Christmas pressie today, so I ordered that and I got a small tatoo on my bum :oops: , of an Owl. Now it is official, I am a 'Wise Arse' :lol: .

Twit twoo! Oh, I could say something risque, but I won't, since I've come back from a night on the piss, still knocking lumps of snow out of my hair, and trying to decide if I need to be sick or not - fun for all!

A Good night then ( god help you today), I am impressed M8, I cannot go anywhere near a computer when I have had a few, I went beyond risque a couple of times ( I can get risque without a drink) and paid terrible prices.
Banana!!! eat bananas for hangovers and jet lag, blooming great invention the banana.
8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
CC how did the girlfriends surprise visit go ?

Crippen said:
blooming great invention the banana.

Is it now? ;) Anyway quickly crashing on, I'm surprisingly alright considering. I think it was due to eating a bowl of cornflakes, rather than having a glass of Slivovitz when I got back.

Crippen said:
Glad for you Med.... Cornflakes hey!!!

Hey CC, do you know that they gave spiders weed, another drug and caffiene. after each they watched them build their web.
The worst one was following caffiene.... it was just stringy straight lines.
What does that tell you ( can't wait for the answers to this one :rolleyes: ).

It tells me that you watch QI :lol:

That you've read books on biochemistry for fun! :lol:

Oh, about Dave Gorman - I'm not a fanatic, but I did find the 'I am Dave Gorman' show funny. I've picked up 'Google-whack' in Borders, but not properly read it yet.

Yep CC, I watch QI. I dont watch alot off TV but I love comedy and I like Documentary type stuff. Did you watch the docu series on Ch4 tonight ' Bomber crew? it was the last one tonight.
Turned over and then watched 'Never Mind the Buzzcocks' do you watch that, I like mad stuff.
I have had a good day today ( off work so good anyway, but....) I spent the whole day in the 'Imperial War Museum' ( the Manchester one) with mi old mate 'Tom' ( my camera), I loves mi photography, so a good ol day was ad!
Any other museums, or places that you guys have visited, that's worth a visit ( especially if they house a Lancs of course)?

Well, it's currently a balmy -5 degrees Celcius and sunny.
The temperature has been unseasonably warm, so far. Tomorrow it's supposed to get all the way up to 5 degrees. :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back