Large Scale Model Saturn 5 launch

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Very cool. What sort of fuel would they use for that......and I would have thought a 1/10 scale could get higher into the sky than 4000 ft....

wow, looks for all the world like an SA-2 or similar. All that is needed is a guidance system and a warhead, and you have a surface to air rocket.

I think that these guys in a way could actually teach Nasa a thing or two. They obviously are concerned about keeping costs down, which is something NASA could do well to re-learn....

I think that these guys in a way could actually teach Nasa a thing or two. They obviously are concerned about keeping costs down, which is something NASA could do well to re-learn....

Theres a vast difference in making a home made rocket to fly a few thousand feet, and making a satellite that flies in the vacuum of space. In fact, its not just "vast", but "magnitudes of vast"

BTW, The big US boosters are made by private contractors, not the govt.

The best part of that video was the landing. Well done! 1600lbs of rocket and he didn't even bust a fin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back