Liberate, loot and rape.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This post was about "Soviet" servicemen, at war time, and thousands of kilometers away from their homes!

What can / should someone say when the rapists are of your own Nation and blood, and in peace time???

Raping prisoners, female or male, became common since early days of Islamic Regime... They raped virgins, before execution, because it was forbidden to kill virgins in Sharia!

Several of female protesters, have committed suicide, after they were released from prison

A man who believes in a book written by a pedophile, will gladly do this!

Someone from a place, filled with tons of these "lowlife" scums.

Rules here forbid the reply that springs to my mind immediately, so I'll PM the quote your point here brought to mind.

This post was about "Soviet" servicemen, at war time, and thousands of kilometers away from their homes!

What can / should someone say when the rapists are of your own Nation and blood, and in peace time???

Raping prisoners, female or male, became common since early days of Islamic Regime... They raped virgins, before execution, because it was forbidden to kill virgins in Sharia!

Several of female protesters, have committed suicide, after they were released from prison

That obscenity is not exclusive to Islam unfortunately.

Strongly agreed, after reading more, from a wider range of sources. My reading still continues, so much more to learn.

Amen to that. Join the club. I only intend to stop learning when I die - and I hope to crack the hundred. Three grandparents did and both mum and dad would have if they had not got cancer and emphysema respectively. Both of them and the fourth grandparent all cracked 90+

Civilized behaviour comes from proper upbringing, raising good people. In war, the job of the entire organization is to maintain good esprit de corps and "be the good guys". If you encourage or order or permit rape, pillage, every soldier becomes less of a human, a bad citizen upon return. Ghengis Khan at least was direct and clear; rape was permitted only on women to be immediately killed or after a woman (or child) was allocated as spoils of war. All adult men were killed. At least this is how I recall long ago history lessons.

Civilized behaviour comes from proper upbringing, raising good people. In war, the job of the entire organization is to maintain good esprit de corps and "be the good guys". If you encourage or order or permit rape, pillage, every soldier becomes less of a human, a bad citizen upon return. Ghengis Khan at least was direct and clear; rape was permitted only on women to be immediately killed or after a woman (or child) was allocated as spoils of war. All adult men were killed. At least this is how I recall long ago history lessons.
That is not the reason, the reason is pure pragmatism and practicality. In the Napoleonic wars, Napoleon couldnt keep Spain under control with 1 million men, because they made an enemy of everyone in Spain and Portugal. Wellington basically bought his way across France, paying for food for his army while the French army just stole what they wanted. Wellington also forbade any brutalisation of the French people in any way including rape, not because he was a gentleman, but because he didnt want his supply columns attacked. That is what consumed 1 million troops in Spain, protecting all things at all times, which couldnt be done anyway. Some have speculated that if the German army had not behaved like savages everywhere they went they could have won especially in the East. What is not speculation is that the land and assets he took were almost worthless, he got less out of them than he got in peacetime.

The German Army, when it arrived in Soviet territory, was treated as liberators.
The people lined the streets, showered the troops with flowers and gifts, Red Army soldiers defected in droves, wanting to join the Wehrmacht and so on.

This most certainly could have been exploited *had* Hitler put aside his irrational hatred of Slavs and instead, acted as the liberator.

The German Army, when it arrived in Soviet territory, was treated as liberators.
The people lined the streets, showered the troops with flowers and gifts, Red Army soldiers defected in droves, wanting to join the Wehrmacht and so on.

This most certainly could have been exploited *had* Hitler put aside his irrational hatred of Slavs and instead, acted as the liberator.
Having a drug addled lunatic as your leader never ends well.

All depends who you are fighting, and for what!

If your enemy plays dirty, you can't stay clean.

I prefer old ways, eye for eye, just like a mirror.

I don't care how many wasted metal [planes, tanks, ships, etc...] Have, all I care, is how many heads are hanged outside city walls.

That is not the reason, the reason is pure pragmatism and practicality. In the Napoleonic wars, Napoleon couldnt keep Spain under control with 1 million men, because they made an enemy of everyone in Spain and Portugal. Wellington basically bought his way across France, paying for food for his army while the French army just stole what they wanted. Wellington also forbade any brutalisation of the French people in any way including rape, not because he was a gentleman, but because he didnt want his supply columns attacked. That is what consumed 1 million troops in Spain, protecting all things at all times, which couldnt be done anyway. Some have speculated that if the German army had not behaved like savages everywhere they went they could have won especially in the East. What is not speculation is that the land and assets he took were almost worthless, he got less out of them than he got in peacetime.
Based on a limited number of personal interviews, during World War 2 the German Army, Navy, etc were well behaved by order. The SS were ordered to be horrible, monstrous. Regarding POW treatment, USA forces routinely executed prisoners, Japanese did the same, as did SS. British forces better behaved, Canadian it depended on which unit. One unit massacred even civilians and caused embarrassment to the point the Canadian military dealt with it in an unpleasant manner. Soviet tended not to execute in the field rather you died slowly after. The best POW experience was with German Imperial Army, "for you the war is over". Again, this is based on interviews with soldiers and civilians who were first hand involved. Some of the stories were extremely upsetting. Based on the current war, humans have not improved.

Based on a limited number of personal interviews, during World War 2 the German Army, Navy, etc were well behaved by order. The SS were ordered to be horrible, monstrous. Regarding POW treatment, USA forces routinely executed prisoners, Japanese did the same, as did SS. British forces better behaved, Canadian it depended on which unit. One unit massacred even civilians and caused embarrassment to the point the Canadian military dealt with it in an unpleasant manner. Soviet tended not to execute in the field rather you died slowly after. The best POW experience was with German Imperial Army, "for you the war is over". Again, this is based on interviews with soldiers and civilians who were first hand involved. Some of the stories were extremely upsetting. Based on the current war, humans have not improved.
So US forces in WW2 were much worse than German forces? An assertion I simply cannot be bothered to argue with. Just tell me which part of which fronts had no SS presence and any where you know that rounding up of Jews and others for execution didnt start immediately after the Germans captured anywhere?

Americans executing prisoners was hardly "routine" If you have a source for that claim, please present it.
Not a "source", but worth considering as an option:

In movie "Fury", the US forces kill SS POWs. I know it's a movie, but we actually have real time examples... Dachau massacre, done by US troops, victims were SS troops, recently transferred to area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back