Life is Tough but it's Tougher when you're Stupid

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yeah, I'm wondering if this is not fake. Too many of these kind of stories around on the internet.

Edit:
And I'm right. Your falling for fake news again mikewint mikewint
FACT CHECK: Did a Woman Sue Samsung After Her Cellphone Got Stuck in Her Vagina?
You guys should know better than believing things on the social web.

The problem is that these little legends track human behavior so well, they could easily be plausible.

Marcel and Chris were and are correct I should have checked further but by today's standards it was very believable. When you look at all those warning labels you just know that they were inspired by some cretin doing just that. I have an entire book of these X-rays.
The cell phone in question?

297479.jpg

there is bound to be a group of goofballs out there. And with the internet they get singled out and get an international podium.

Yea verily tis truth and those same wack jobs can grab a weapon and slaughter innocent men, women, children and suddenly they have international renown and fame like Brenton Harrison Tarrant who actually live-streamed the shootings and Stephen Craig Paddock in the US who slaughtered 59 in Las Vegas. Without these heinous attacks would anyone even have heard of them? The path to instant world-wide fame sadly

Last edited:
Yea verily tis truth and those same wack jobs can grab a weapon and slaughter the innocent men, women, children and suddenly they have international renown and fame like Brenton Harrison Tarrant who actually live-streamed the shootings and Stephen Craig Paddock in the US who slaughtered 59 in Las Vegas. Without these heinous attacks would anyone even have heard of them? The path to instant world-wide fame sadly
Absolutely Mike. That's the sad truth.

I was told that in the 1970's a Japanese airline pilot rented a motor home for his vacation in the United States. He was traveling south down I-35 in Oklahoma when the vehicle ran off the road and wrecked.

Asked what had happened, he replied he had no idea what could have gone wrong. He had set the cruise control and then went in the back to fix himself a sandwich.

I guess the "Cruise Control" on an airliner works sorta differently....

When I was doing medic training one of my class said a guy stuck a can of deodorant up his rectal passage. And it got stuck.

If you stuck a can of deodorant up your ass, would you go to the hospital? Die of a high pressure canister rupture or die from embarrassment. Not sure which I go for.

When I was doing medic training one of my class said a guy stuck a can of deodorant up his rectal passage. And it got stuck.

If you stuck a can of deodorant up your ass, would you go to the hospital? Die of a high pressure canister rupture or die from embarrassment. Not sure which I go for.
I'd go for not sticking a can of deodorant up my ass

Remember "Pop Rocks"? It was a kind of a powder you put in water and it fizzed up. Naturally, people decided to try putting them in their mouth. I gather that it was not pleasant.

Years before that there were the "Cracker Balls." These were rough surfaced little spheres about 3/8 inch in diameter that you either threw down hard or stomped on and they exploded. The name proved to be unfortunate, since they sounded like some kind of snack. Numerous injuries resulted when people tried to eat them. My aunt was nearly one of those. Out walking with her fiance at a 4th of July event, he said, "Here, have some cracker balls." At the time he worked for a baking company and she assumed it was a new snack product. He managed to stop her from chewing them when she popped them in her mouth. Admittedly, those were the days in which such mishaps were real accidents rather than stupidity.

Remember "Pop Rocks"? It was a kind of a powder you put in water and it fizzed up. Naturally, people decided to try putting them in their mouth. I gather that it was not pleasant.

I believe "Pop Rocks" was actually a candy you were supposed to eat and have it fizz in your mouth.
One the other hand there was a product called "fizzies" with one tablet was supposed to turn a glass of water into a glass of carbonated soda. Putting those in your mouth could be really strange :)

I remember an occasion at USAFA where I saw in the laundry room, an upper classman propped up with his butt in the air and his roomie lighting his farts after gorging nothing but beans at the evening meal. As I recall, the blue flame was 2 to 4 inches long. The next day, he couldn't sit because of burns. They both went on to fly F-4s in Nam.

I can remember the Fizzies from the early 60's. I think all of us tried putting one in their mouth at least once, but not longer than a couple of seconds.
Lucky they were too big to swallow. About the size of the old Alka-Seltzer tablets, came in cherry, grape, etc.
We were all running around in the woods with old Army canteens and BB guns. I preferred Tang in mine ( it was NASA approved)

When I was a pre-teen I had more than one firecracker go off in my fingers, low quality fuses were sometimes not very predictable . Felt like someone hit my fingers with a hammer, numb for a few minutes, but no real harm.

But I can't believe anyone in my crowd would have been dumb enough, or meek enough, to let someone put a firecracker, or a small bottle rocket between their cheeks.

I believe "Pop Rocks" was actually a candy you were supposed to eat and have it fizz in your mouth.
One the other hand there was a product called "fizzies" with one tablet was supposed to turn a glass of water into a glass of carbonated soda. Putting those in your mouth could be really strange :)

Yeah Pop Rocks is a candy. And they still make them. I found some in a candy store in Leclaire, Iowa. Had to buy some since I had not had any sinceI was a kid.

Space Dust was first on the scene in the 70's soon followed by Pop Rocks.

One thing I clearly remember, is my friend pouring a whole pouch of Space Dust in his mouth and then taking a big swig of Coke.

If you've ever seen what a Mentos can do to a 2 liter of soda, then you know how his stunt turned out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back