looking for a good Stuka kit. Any ideas? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

RGaspar

Airman
Nov 24, 2011
Kansas
im going to head over to the hobby store Friday afternoon to pick up a stuka kit in 1/48 scale. ive seen a couple there before, just cant remember which brand they were. they sell a lot of Tamiya, Revell and a couple others of which I am not sure. I just want to make sure I get a decent kit with good detail and quality. Any suggestions? oh and preferably a B model, as im working to complete my early war collection.

If I were able to have an engine cowl open showing the engine, that would be a huge plus. I just don't want to have to spend a bunch of extra cash to buy a resin one.

I think the Tamiya kit includes an engine

I've got to go to school soon but here is a link to a review:
Tamiya 37008 1/48 Ju 87B-2 Stuka Kit First Look

I hope that helps :) I'm 99% sure the Tamiya kit includes an engine (so you don't have to spend extra on resin parts! :D) Its worth it for the price tag, but it depends on your LHS how much they charge on it. Great kit and would be my pick if I wanted to do a Ju-87

The Revell kit is a re-boxed "D" version of the old Monogram "G". (Without the underwing cannons) A good basic kit. Italleri makes a "B" with a great engine, but the spinner is too small. Hasegawa did a "G" that was excellent, but I believe it is out of production. Airfix has a "B" that by all reports is good.
The Tamiya kit is a re-box of the Italleri.

Although if you want a really nice looking model I'd go Hasegawa (if the engine not being there doesn't bother you)

Either Hasegawa or Tamiya would be my choice.

The search engine here doesn't work because it was damaged during the recent shot down of the server.

If you're looking for the Ju87B, then get the Revell kit - it's a re-boxing of the Hasegawa kit, at about a third of the price, and very nice!
Second choice would be the Italeri kit, altough there are fit problems with the cowling if the engine is installed, and the spinner is too small at it's back plate.
The old Airfix kit, very advanced for the time it was first released, in the late 1970's, still looks good when built, although perhaps a little basic by today's standards.
If you want a Ju87D or G, then as Paul suggests, go with the re-boxed Revell kit.

Hasegawa would be your best bet in the Revell box for price as Terry says (without engine)...if you want the open engine then Tamiya/Italieri, if you want smooth sailing definitely option one....

Well they were out of Stuka kits, but I got a nice eduard Bf109 E4 kit complete with Galland livery, an engine and two different spinners. Anyone have experience with the eduard kit? I've seen a few E's on here but can't recall seeing an eduard kit with detailed engine. I can hardly wait to finish my 110 and get started!

I came close to picking up one of Eduard's 109s but didn't in the end. Use Google with "Eduard Bf 109 Review" and you should get some good info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back