Looking for names of USAAF members killed in RCAF Wellington July 6 1942

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi Crimea River,
I have already found those names and entered them on to my website they were all RCAF. It just seemed to be heartless to just say two members of the USSAF rather then have their names entered. There was also an RAF airman with them, with no name mentioned that I am also looking for.

Thanks for finding those names, maybe by mentioning those it may be help to someone remember something, it seems to work that way

Dan

Try RAF Bomber Command Losses by W.R. Chorley. You could try looking up the other crew's names here if you know them, then follow on with that info:

http://www.cwgc.org/

Alternatively you could try the Department of Information Research (DoRIS) at RAF Museum, where they will give you a copy of the aircraft's accident card (Air Ministry Form 1180) and a copy of the Bomber Command loss record, from where the above book was researched.

Last edited:
According to my records, 419 were based at Mildenhall; the airfield's book records that L419 crashed 2 miles from Molesworth, on that date, with 8 of the 10 occupants being killed, Cowell being Captain of the aircraft. No other names are mentioned. There are still other places to look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back