Los Angeles County Homicides Blog

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I remember street gangs in Milwaukee 20+ years ago. They weren't packing Ak-47s or MAC-10s, but they would kill you with a knife, chain or their fists if you got into it with them. I really don't understand where people think this is a "new" phenomenon. I know you probably had a few of them in NY growing up, Joe and Dan.

And for the record, the big spiders in SoCal are in the desert, for the most part. I have never had one in my house that was bigger than a wolf spider. I did, however have a large lizard in my house once. He was about 15 inches long and VERY fast! We get them in the garage once in a while too. But they eat insects, so I let them stay, if they stay in the garage.

But there is one bug here that is one ugly MF, called a California potato beetle. It is also called a Jerusalem Cricket. I never have seen one inside the house (THANK GOD!) but have seen them outside when working in the garden or along the foundation. They do get to be pretty big.
EWWWW!

Attachments

• ChldErth50.JPG
    ChldErth50.JPG
    10.8 KB · Views: 58
I remember street gangs in Milwaukee 20+ years ago. They weren't packing Ak-47s or MAC-10s, but they would kill you with a knife, chain or their fists if you got into it with them. I really don't understand where people think this is a "new" phenomenon.

yup, dead is dead.

You can find some Police corruption everywhere, just not one specific place.
And gangs are everywhere. The reasons are a whole list of liberal causes.
And every town or city has good and bad points. Just how much do want to tolerate from both. :D

And now I remember why I like Kiwi Land.

4.2 million people. Average of 1 homicide a week across the whole country.

Very strict gun laws, not owning a weapon is normal here.

Think I will stay here for a while.

The street gangs of today cannot be compared to the "mafia" of many years ago. The street gangs today want noterity, respect and make their presence known. The old mafia was stealthy, low key and avoided the limelight. The old mafia was run more like a business. Gang bangers today think they fit the same mold, but they are nothing more than uneducated lowlifes.

Shady Italians with names that end in vowels... oh how I long for home sometimes :D

The street gangs of today cannot be compared to the "mafia" of many years ago. The street gangs today want noterity, respect and make their presence known. The old mafia was stealthy, low key and avoided the limelight. The old mafia was run more like a business. Gang bangers today think they fit the same mold, but they are nothing more than uneducated lowlifes.

That's why I regret the good ol' days...

Back in the day (no matther if it was the Mafia or the bikers), they wanted to keep the cops away, so they were stanying still with "civilians" (unless you were looking for trouble).

Now, a street gang member can kill someone just for fun. Remember that teenage (14 or 15 years old) girl who got shot in Toronto on December 26th ? It was a gang member who shot her dead. A biker would have done such a thing and he would have ended in the river with concrete shoes.

But there is one bug here that is one ugly MF, called a California potato beetle. It is also called a Jerusalem Cricket. I never have seen one inside the house (THANK GOD!) but have seen them outside when working in the garden or along the foundation. They do get to be pretty big.
EWWWW!

YUCK ! I would prefer the lizards too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back