Lots of words!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

schwarzpanzer

Senior Airman
Aug 8, 2005
Hi all,

As you may be able to tell, I am prone to making long-winded posts!:lol: There is a limit of 1,000 characters, which I cannot often stick to, however hard I try. If I do, my replies seem too curt, and 'txt spk'. It seems that emoticons are included in this 1,000 characters limit. What I end up doing is making 2 posts - one for just a couple, or even single member. I was just wondering if the Admins/Mods have any problems with this?

I am tempted to suggest the removal of the limit, but I can understand why this would cause problems. Would perhaps a slight raising of the limit be OK? I think 1,000 words might be far too much?:lol: Perhaps 1,500 characters? - /or an exclusion of the inclusion of emoticons?

I do apologise for the length of my replies, but I do try to cut them down when I can, but this isn't always possible.

I also tend to go offtopic a little - all the things interlink, but I can see why this might be annoying. If anyone has a problem with this, feel free to pull me up on it (politely though, please).

This causes me, and others, to want to post new Threads - but as most of my posting lately has been in non-WW2 Aviation Sub-Forums, I don't want to raise their Thread Count too much, for fear of causing a problem. Would it be a problem?

Thanks for reading this,

Schwarzy

I think generally we try to keep posts on track, but as you've no doubt seen, we often have fun on the way... :)

I'm not a mod, but I think it's up to you how long you want to write them...the only thing is you might be defeating your purpose, as not everyone will read a long post to the end...just my opinion.

Evan

Be more succinct with your posts. Break up your points into smaller pieces or continue your thoughts with a follow on post. If you can't make your point in 1000 words your bloviating.

Hi guys, thanks for the replies.:)

Hi A4K,

Yes, we do dont we! :lol: I can see this being frustrating though. In the 2 main posts I've posted, its flown about all over the place (though I've managed to keep stuff out of WW2 General ontopic, like a good boy:lol:). The thing is, the things are interlinked - but thankully, these sideroads dont stay on for as long nowadays.

Long posts are tiresome, yes, but there are a lot of subjects disussed lately - which is a good thing?

Hi Matt,

I wish I could! I break them up - but this is exactly what some people have complained about. Follow-on posts I've had to resort to (as have others), but I thought this would seem more annoying - though the opposite seems to be true. I now even find that it is actually easier to write like this too. Point? More like Point(s). There is a lot to go through though, plus those interlinked sideroads mentioned above. Recently there have been complicated physics involved though - and some things have needed mini-essays to communicate. Also, my ability to condense has been affected lately - as I cant communicate too well, so have to go all around the houses!:lol:

The main thing was CharlesBronsons excellent 'Rare Crazy Panzer Projects Thread' - which I'm kinda sad I spoiled.

I dont want to add too many topics - because most of my recent posts have been in WW2 General - I dont want to get too non-Aviation heavy.

Seing as no-one has complained, I suppose I'm worrying about nothing and should just proceed until someone does? I just wanted to be sure I didnt step outta line. I think I'll be less cautious about making new threads now. If everyones OK, then I suppose I'll just continue?

Thanks all!:D

Last edited:
As Matt - "Master of the Duplicate Posts" - has stated, work your sentences and everything will be fine. Using several posts to get something is ok also as long as its a concise, thoughtful addition to the previous post. No problem there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back