Lotus Pair.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks chaps.
Funnily enough, the Wolf car was one of the last I built also, at a time when I was "collecting" race and rally car models in the late 1970s and early '80s Since then, I've only built two 1/24th scale SWB Land Rovers, one similar to the type I used in the Army, and the other my own off-roader, both converted from the Italeri LWB "soft top" kit, but even that was nearly thirty years ago .

Both sets of bodies have now been sprayed in a grey primer coat, and will be allowed to harden overnight, before tackling the first colour (gloss white) on the Gold Leaf version, and gloss black on the JPS example, and all being well, I'll get that done tomorrow.
I found this to be rather hard work, as my wrists are still tender, and fingers stiff, so holding and operating the air brush was awkward, and actually spraying took over an hour, trying to manipulate the parts without touching the painted areas.
Meanwhile, I hope to start work on the suspension and steering components for both models later tonight, and I might as well get as much of the sub-assemblies done as possible, whilst waiting for the paint to dry on the bodies.
Back when there's more to show .........................

Thanks Glenn.
Didn't get the painting done yesterday - hands too stiff again - but got some of the sub-assemblies sorted, such as engines and rear axles.
I'm hoping I can get some painting done later today, hands permitting !

Got the first coat of gloss white on the lower half of the Gold Leaf car, and the first coat of overall gloss black on the JPS car. A second coat will be sprayed on each, probably tomorrow, when the paint has fully hardened, and I hope to have some pics then - can't move the parts for photography yet, until they are dry enough to handle.
I admit to a little trepidation before spraying the gloss black, as it can be a tricky colour to spray, achieving a decent, smooth surface, but it seems to have gone on OK.
The engine blocks and rear axles / prop-shafts have been assembled for both cars, and the engine / gearbox assemblies will be painted before adding the cylinder heads, ancillaries, carbs and exhausts. When that's done, and the areas painted, some scratch-built detail will be added, in the form of fuel lines, plug and HT leads etc, and a scratch-built ignition coil. which, for some reason, is not included in the kit, although the distributor is, as a separate part.
Pic shows the engines and rear axle assemblies, and I'll be back tomorrow with another up-date.

Thanks chaps, it's appreciated.
No further progress so far I'm afraid - damned hands are just too stiff and painful. I might try doing a bit later tonight, if things ease off.

At last I've been able to make some progress. The first gloss coat on both models has been very lightly rubbed down, using fine "Wet and Dry", used wet, and a second coat applied.
It looks like the white on the Gold Leaf car is acceptable, but I may need to gently rub-back the black on the bonnet (hood ) of the JPS car, and re-spray, as it looks as if it might be a touch "grainy", or may have collected a little fine dust. I'll know more when the parts are dry enough to handle, when I'll then post pics.
When that's done, the masking will be applied to the Gold Leaf car, ready for spraying the gloss red, which I hope to get done tomorrow.
Meanwhile, work is continuing on both engines, with blocks painted, and the cylinder heads painted, ready to attach. Then it'll be time to do battle with the tiny, turned aluminium carb intake "trumpets", and hope that they don't "ping" off into the void !!
I'll post some up-date pics as soon as I'm able to move the parts.

Well we tried to fine art of tea. No luck there. Perhaps engines, carbs, tires will lure them back into the Empire. Worth a try.

Users who are viewing this thread