Luftwaffe to fly over Britain for 70th anniversary

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Kudos to the nations involved!

I'm not so sure I'd like to see a Japanese airshow over Pearl Harbor...

nope, i couldn't see it....
I'm sure some old timer Londoners are a bit unnerved but it's symbolic of how great nations should behave.

makes me think of this toon

Attachments

• db080113.gif
    db080113.gif
    209.1 KB · Views: 62
-cut-
makes me think of this toon

Well, since we're in 1430 according to the islamic calendar...you do the math. ;) :lol:
Apart from that, Doonesbury rocks. It pokes fun, not just at the establishment, but also at the critics of said establishment. :thumbleft:
And another thing, jumping back on topic: That's a flight display I'd like to see!

I was living outside of Pearl Harbor back in '99 when they started filming "Pearl Harbor". The airplanes zooming around were frikkin awesome! Kinda made the hairs on the back of your neck break-dance. 'Course, I wasn't in to history at the time, so it didn't really hit me all that hard. But it did sort of make you feel like you were yanked back in time to Dec 1941.

The movie, of course, sucked.

Shoot, i live in long beach in 1981... wish i would have saw that!

It was part of the 4th of July events on the ship.
There was a 4 plane flyover with mock dogfights and strafing runs on the ship.
There was a Corsair, a Zero and two other planes which I can't remember at the moment.
The thing that still stands out in my mind is how small the planes looked in comparison to the Queen Mary.

Wheels

It was part of the 4th of July events on the ship.
There was a 4 plane flyover with mock dogfights and strafing runs on the ship.
There was a Corsair, a Zero and two other planes which I can't remember at the moment.
The thing that still stands out in my mind is how small the planes looked in comparison to the Queen Mary.

Wheels

I hate you....

:cry:

What I hate is that I didn't have a video camera to tape it at the time.
I know video of it existed because it was on the news the next day.
I've tried searching for some but the event is so old that I can't find anything relating to it.

Wheels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back