M6A1 Seiran Tamiya 1/48

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Speaking of painting technique.

Years ago, when I was sign painting, I did some small murals, street rods and things in signs. Never used a mask for any of this. But I did do some comic super hero panels, masked and spray, mask and spray with rattle cans of paint. Then did the "inking" or line work with a brush in the styles of the artist, like Buscema and Wrightson.

Having said that, I was a a county fair and there was a bloke doing shirts with airbrush. He was doing little things, like '57 Chevy's on the pocket. But what was interesting is he was using a business card as a moving mask. So to make a straight thin line he would hold the card against the shirt, moving it along the long side with the airbrush close and a very fine light spray he could made a very sharp line. if he moved the brush off a bit the line would have a sharp edge and soft overspray edge. He would bend the card to make a curve, and fold it to make a corner. I went back to the shop and tried it all and it worked a treat.......

Just sayin..... nothing ventured, nothing gained.

*Haven't thought of this for years..... this was back in the 80's maybe.

Last edited:
Low pressure in the compressed air, the dissolution of the proper paint and airbrush with fine needle of 0.2 or 0.15mm can do very fine lines and well defined without any gradient.
airbrush and more if a good one can make beauties,
Wayne beautiful plane of a large mold, make some time the same model from the same mold and is truly a joy, is left wanting as we say here

congratulations

A few more pics after doing a little bit more in the touchup department, and attaching the aircraft to the dolly.

Attachments

• 57_Finished_0480.jpg
    57_Finished_0480.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 93
  • 57_Finished_0485.jpg
    57_Finished_0485.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 93
  • 58_finished_0486.jpg
    58_finished_0486.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 97
  • 59_Finished_0489.jpg
    59_Finished_0489.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 91
Wow, gets into the aircraft (after a hunny I shrunk the kids downsizing)

"Ready for take off!" bbrrrm brrmmm
*breaks the control stick :O "Ahhh!"

-----------------------

She looks fantastic, in flying condition and ready for a flight.

Here in the UK there is a programme on National Geographic +1 right now which is talking about the I-400 and M6A1 "Seiran" development

Users who are viewing this thread

Back