Macchi C.205 Vs. A6M5

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

In regards to the favorable kill ratio claimed by some Italian units, keep in mind that, like it happened in the pacific region at the beginning of the war, in the Mediterranean theater, Britain had there mostly second rate aircrafts, keeping the best resources close to the homeland for two reasons: the first was that there was a more incumbent threat from Germany than Italy and second because the UK hoped that Italy would stay at the window not joining Germany since, at least at the beginning, Mussolini (who started to see Hitler as a menace too) hoped that Italy would have been able to act as a 'pacifier' between the two opposed nations gaining some lands and rights in the Mediterranean and middle east without having to go to war. It was the sudden deterioration on the western front that convinced the Fascist government to enter war, both -again- for fear of Germany ambition (remember that Austria was annexed too, so Italy had Germany literally at its doorstep) and because they wanted a share of the spoils of war).

So when war broke out, for the first year, Italian Pilots, who by all accounts had excellent training and could also count on the combat experience gained in the Spansih civil war, had also the luxury of fighting against outdated or second rate aircrafts.

Last edited:
pops-paolo pops-paolo you seems to be a very eager aviation enthusiast, at least by the post you made and the threads you start.

But if you are one and, over all, want to be a wise one, you better left all the unfounded preferences and nationalistic ideas outside this forum.

This is not a menace in any way, I'm not a moderator nor I have any influence in any one.

I'm only giving you an advice from a slightly senior forum member.

These folks are truly knowlegable in WW2 aviation (among many other things) and they are investing their time in trying to educate you in WW2 aviation (and life BTW) with vast amounts of knowledge and trying to give you hints to think by yourself and not attach to preconceived ideas. It's wise to take their advice and not dismiss their comments lightly.

Many of these folks not know how real airplanes flow (both WW2 and jets), they had flown them. Also they know how engines work or the systems the planes carried and are the links between the airmen that flew and fought in that time and us, that never came across one of those brave heroes. They had heard first hand accounts of air battles and life at that time that will never would be known because those that were there never puta black over white.

So, if you want to stand by an affirmation, you better get datas and sources by your side or you will be riddled with them.

I know it's too late to say this but, I think MC205 stand a chance against A6M with its speed. I favor American Aircrafts over Japanese one just because I feel like it, and there should be no complainants against that. But still, A6M will likely to win most of the time in 1 on 1 situation. I like Planes from all the nation I know. Every planes are excellent imo.
But the conversation behind the pilots bugs me, Isn't it too sudden to bring these "super pilots from historical books". If you will, everything will turn into a Dragon Ball fan-fiction. We are talking about possible routes, possibility itself right? So the both [AI]'s skill level should be equal, maximized to god-tier power level. I mean, whatever the constructed conscious beings played alongside of the manual, I call it AI to blur the subtexts(related to sportsman). Oh lord.

Last edited:
But the conversation behind the pilots bugs me, Isn't it too sudden to bring these "super pilots from historical books".
In any encounter between to fighters, you need to ALWAYS factor in the pilots.
You can have the most modern fighter in the world but it's useless if the pilot lacks the skill to properly use that machine against an opponent.
By 1944, the A6M5 was woefully outclassed by the F6F, F4U and other Allied types and were cut down like grass in encounters.
However, there were still a few veteran Japanese pilots by 1944/45 who were able to make their A6M5s outperform the superior aircraft of their enemies. (Consider them skill level: "god-tier")

So pilot skill is perhaps the single most important weapon a fighter aircraft can be equipped with.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate everything we do. I was talking about copy-pasting the pilot(cloning or some sort of explanation I guess?), so that we can see the results dependent of the performances. The contribution not to the pilot, but to test the capability of the said vehicles.

well the zero is more maneuverable and had a much further range. Also in the early war period IJN pilots were famous for their skill and the zero was produced far more than the macchi. however, it was definitely not the most robust plane and its armament is clearly outmatched.

Only when flown at lower speeds. The higher the airspeeds, the heavier the controls got

pops-paolo pops-paolo you seems to be a very eager aviation enthusiast, at least by the post you made and the threads you start.

But if you are one and, over all, want to be a wise one, you better left all the unfounded preferences and nationalistic ideas outside this forum.

This is not a menace in any way, I'm not a moderator nor I have any influence in any one.

I'm only giving you an advice from a slightly senior forum member.

These folks are truly knowlegable in WW2 aviation (among many other things) and they are investing their time in trying to educate you in WW2 aviation (and life BTW) with vast amounts of knowledge and trying to give you hints to think by yourself and not attach to preconceived ideas. It's wise to take their advice and not dismiss their comments lightly.

Many of these folks not know how real airplanes flow (both WW2 and jets), they had flown them. Also they know how engines work or the systems the planes carried and are the links between the airmen that flew and fought in that time and us, that never came across one of those brave heroes. They had heard first hand accounts of air battles and life at that time that will never would be known because those that were there never puta black over white.

So, if you want to stand by an affirmation, you better get datas and sources by your side or you will be riddled with them.
i have been told this like 100 times

I know it's too late to say this but, I think MC205 stand a chance against A6M with its speed. I favor American Aircrafts over Japanese one just because I feel like it, and there should be no complainants against that. But still, A6M will likely to win most of the time in 1 on 1 situation. I like Planes from all the nation I know. Every planes are excellent imo.
But the conversation behind the pilots bugs me, Isn't it too sudden to bring these "super pilots from historical books". If you will, everything will turn into a Dragon Ball fan-fiction. We are talking about possible routes, possibility itself right? So the both [AI]'s skill level should be equal, maximized to god-tier power level. I mean, whatever the constructed conscious beings played alongside of the manual, I call it AI to blur the subtexts(related to sportsman). Oh lord.
Upvote
yes stop wit the pilots

Users who are viewing this thread

Back