Macchi M-5 from HpH kit in 1:32

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here in Poland a guy who assembled the model used the struts made of hypodermic needles flattened with a vice in order to get the drop like shape.

Last edited:
Here in Poland a guy who assembled the model used the struts made of hypodermic needles flattened with a vice in order to get the drop like shape.
That's a good idea ad well. I also have very small tubing that I can flatten in a vice, I will try today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually the hypodermic needle is nothing more than a pipe of a very small diameter. Also I have thought I would be useful to put a piece of a thin cupper wire inside the pipe before flattening in order to have set pins for a such strut at its endings. The wire diameter should be smaller than the pipe one.

Last edited:
Actually the hypodermic needle is nothing more than a pipe of a very small diameter. Also I have thought I would be useful to put a piece of a thin cupper wire inside the pipe before flattening in order to have set pins for a such strut at its endings. The wire diameter should be smaller than the pipe one.

I just done a test using a 0,97 mm O.D. aluminium tube: it works! I got an oblong shape 1,2 x 0,76 mm and it will be much stronger than any plastic strip. I just need to see if I have enough of that tubing because mistakes will very common.
Many thanks for your suggestion.
Alberto

After three years form the beginning, I managed to move forward this project as well. It's almost done now, just need to add some details and the tedious rigging job. Here some photos.
Any comment is very well welcome.
Alberto
WhatsApp Image 2019-10-06 at 18.12.51.jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-10-06 at 18.13.03.jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-10-06 at 18.13.52.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back